Is canopy tour too hard??

mprucha

Hi,

I noticed on one of the sites about the canopy tour that it states that a person must be able to climb straight up for 20ft and walk uphill for 30 minutes as a requirement.

We are traveling with several other friends and have been wanting to do this forever. None of us are completely out of shape but we don't work out all the time either. One member has had past health problems but is ok now. Will this be too strenuous for them? They do lots of other things like parasailing, snorkeling, etc and wouldn't require "extra" help. We just doing want to get them hurt either.

We did not do the canopy tour in Antigua, but did it in Ocho Rios Jamaica, and had a wonderful time. We are in our mid 40s and the majority of folks that day were 40+. At first I was apprehensive about it, but it was not hard or strenuous (at least the Jamaican one was not). You are strapped into a harness and just hold one and step off the platform. It was actually a lot of fun. You basically sit down and hold on.

Good Luck. You will enjoy it. It gives you a bird's eye view and the feeling like you are flying through the tree tops.

because most of their business is coming from big groups when the ships are in town, they have to accommodate a WIDE range of guests. When they first opened it was hard, but they made it easier after a few months. I went on it then and found it fairly easy, then i went on it again a few months later with a bunch of friends and saw that they had made it easier again. To me, its pretty easy, but still would be a bit of a workout for unfit people. I liked it better when it was harder, but it wasn't good for business then.

You'll love the canopy tour! I became addicted a couple of years ago and we're doing it again in Antigua in February.

As far as being not fit enough to do it? This past March, my 80 year old mom did it. We had a 30 minute climb to get to the first tower, but we stopped often to check out the vegetation and mom had no problems. She's overweight and has arthritis, but still kept up with everyone else. Go for it!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived