Booking flights with NCL

Cruisin Together

I need some help with airfare. Has anyone booked their flight through NCL? I always fly Continental as they are the only airline that goes out of Lake Charles, LA. I checked prices today and they have gone down nicely and wanted to purchase them. The latest that I can leave Seattle coming back home is 12:45 and I want to make sure that I can get off the ship on time. I have never flown to catch a cruise before. What are the advantages of purchasing with NCL or should I just go on my own?

To me the only advantage is that in the event of missed connections they will get you to the next port to meet the ship.

I believe there are more downsides as you don't necessarily get the schedule you want and most times is more costly than what you can do on your own. I always like to fly in the day before so in the event of flight problems or luggage problems, everything should settle down before I have to catch the cruise.

You should have no problems getting off the ship in plenty of time to make a 12:45 PM departure from Seattle.

It is usually best to book your own airfare - you will be in control of the schedule. NCL will get you there and back, but it may be a very inconvenient schedule.

If you come in a day before your cruise, you can eliminate the worry about missing the ship due to delayed or cancelled flights. Make sure you have only nonstops where available.

Good luck planning your trip!

Thanks everyone for the quick responses. I think I will book the flights today as they have come down about $50.00. Now I just have to decide if I want to leave at 5:30 in the morning and get in at 10 or leave later and get in at 5:00. I also need to get a hotel and then I will just watch my countdown clock until June.:rolleyes:

Now I just have to decide if I want to leave at 5:30 in the morning and get in at 10 or leave later and get in at 5:00.

That's an easy one for me... tough as it may be to get up early, the later in the day your flight is, the more likely there will be a delay or cancellation.

Flight problems can have a domino effect that worsens the later in the day it gets to be.

Also, with an earlier flight you have more re-routing options if you do have a problem.

Archived