Cruise dreams?

Grayce

Has this happened to anyone else? I am just a few days away from my trip. I am now having bad dreams about missing my flight, missing the ship, forgetting my documents etc. This has been happening the last few days. Anyone else have these type of dreams leading up to their cruise? :confused: I must be a worrier LOL :o

I have a recurring dream that I'm on the ship, we're leaving port and the seas are very rough and I have forgotten my Bonine. I'm always in a panic trying to find some on the ship and it's always a ship where I can't find my way around.

I've never forgotten my Bonine on a cruise....don't know why I have this silly dream.

ENJOY YOUR TRIP !!!

It happens to me every time. Unfortunatly, we booked our last cruise about one year in advance. That was many months of bad dreams.

Mine usually consist of forgetting my luggage, getting to the port at the last minute or the worst one of all, getting on the ship and for whatever reason, my sailing mate has to get off the ship (usually to get something out of the car in the parking lot). Unfortunatly, the ship always ends up taking off and I can see them running toward the ship without luck :( .

Man, I hate that dream!

The weirdest single occurrence dream I ever had just prior to a cruise, was that I was in my cabin and unpacking my suitcases, only to discover that all of my clothes are turned inside out.

When I turn them inside out again, to put the outside on the outside, they're STILL inside out. Time and time again, but still inside out.

The dream (nightmare?) was short and I never got the problem resolved.

My recurring dream is that my cabin looks just like my cubicle at work, and so anyone walking down the corridor can see inside and over the top of my cube walls. Clearly, I spend WAY too much time at work.

T

I just had a "nightmare" last night and our cruise is over 4 months away. We have three children, 8, 4, 2, that will be left with their aunt and uncle and 2 cousins. I dreamt that for two days the kids will be left alone in the house to fend for themselves. Get up for school, make lunches, plan dinner, secure house at night, etc. Funny thing is.... our 2 year old was not even in the dream, it's like she didn't even exist. AND, the most obnoxious thing, there's wasn't one thought about staying home because we couldn't find someone to watch them. I woke up this morning with my stomach in knots, then sudden relief, when I realized it was a dream and that everything is taken care of!!

Most are very funny. My kids favorite one was prior to our first Hawaiian cruise. I dreamt that instead of a cruise ship, we actually boarded a pirate ship. Instead of a stateroom, we had to make do with a large group of people in the hold. We had a bed, but the kids had to sleep in metal horse troughs. The funniest part was our captain was C. Everett Koop. He was always looking down at us from the hatch.

One of my favorites was regarding our transportation to the airport. We had reserved a van to pick us up, but, a wagon pulled by a hippo showed up early in the morning. The hippo would stop frequently and would not get up until someone scratched his tummy for a while.

Fortunately, most of my dreams are wild and fun, not scary at all.

I wish mine were as fun as your's happy, but two nights ago I had the "I forgot to pack anything" dream. Got to the ship and realized I didn't have anything, no clothes, no toothbrush, nothing. Was frantically trying to find a phone to call my friend that was to meet us onboard, so she could grab my stuff from home, a 7 hour trip, and couldn't figure out how she would make it since the ship was leaving in 2 hours!!!

• 2 weeks later...

A couple nights before our most recent cruise I dreamed we forgot to put our Carnival luggage tags on our bags. I don't put them on until after we get them from the baggage claim b/c I'm always afraid they will get ripped off when the airline workers load them onto the plane. So in my dream we sent our bags off with the porter and then while inside the cruise terminal I was freaking out b/c I realized I hadn't put the tags on. I told my mom and sister to make sure to remind me to put the tags the next morning after my dream.

I wonder what would happen if you forgot to put your tag on...guess they would look up your name if you had some other kind of id tag on the bag.

• 1 month later...

Don't take your cruise dreams to serious, But on the same hand you can look at this way. The dream is giving you a helpful hint to remember your airplane tickets, and your cruise documents, So make a special note of all of the things you don't want to forget and write them down on some paper..

• 2 months later...

Maybe because of this thread!;)

Last night I kept dreaming about packing and every time I woke up I tried to remember where I put our lanyards. Are they in the suitcase, or in my dresser drawer? Couldn't wait for my husband to wake up so I could check the dresser and there they were. Then he told me he had a nightmare about running down the pier in Monterey, missing the ship and having to catch up with it at Catalina Island.

Strange that we had "cruise dreams" the same night 3 months before our cruise, huh?

Archived