RCI Transfer San Diego to Ensenada

I've done this with Celebrity so it should be about the same. We met the staff with the signs at the baggage claim at San Diego airport. There is only 1 baggage claim area there really (Terminal 2).

The check off your names and take the voucher if you have one and load you up on big buses. There are a lot of other cruisers there so it isn't hard to find.

From there they take you down to a local hotel in Ensenada (I forget the name) where they process your information and give you the seapass cards in a big ballroom/conference room. They offer some liquid refreshment there, such as cokes. Since the hotel can't take in all that many people in the lobby you have to wait in your buses for some time.

After the processing you hop back on to one of those long trails of buses and off to the pier you go. Although the drive from San Diego to Ensenada is less than an hour, it can take some time going through the border and waiting to unload at the hotel, so bring snacks.

I find it to be a pretty drive actually. Enjoy your trip!

These buses were AMERICAN buses, not MEXICAN buses, so yes they were decent. Not the kind of buses you would see on "Romancing the Stone"

As for restrooms, I don't exactly remember because I didn't use them. I will guess that they did have restrooms because I was pregnant at the time and would have definitely made a great effort to use the airport bathrooms first if I saw there were no bus restrooms. Hope this helps!

Archived