Live from Navigator New England

sdf89

1st you should know that this is fantastic! Much better than Princess and RCCL...

But I mainly want to pass along some suggestions for those about to do Navigator later this month:

1) We have been late so far to each port by 1-2 hours (not late in BAr Harbor but high wind postponed tenders). So, be prepared for flexibility. If you are booking independent tours with small outfits, may want to schedule an hour later than you plan.

2) Portofino's does fill up fast, so if you want to go there, book upon embarkation. (Incidentally, I have been unsuccessful so far in getting to see the weeklong menu for Compass Rose as other posters have suggested... in order to know what night to pick. Indeed, today, I was told to wait until after lunch to even see today's menu!!)

3) If there is a chance of rain, bring along a compact umbrella and one extra layer. (I know this is common sense, but have to say it)

I hope to give more of a review when we return. I just wanted to get these comments out to you lucky ones who board on Wed. I will be the one crying on the way off!)

yep we are with CHATKAT on Sept 22. Thanks for the warning. We plan to do Portofino first night and then again sometime during the 9 nights, as I"ve heard that first night doesn't count. Will definitely plan for possibly being late arriving in port - only one that matters is Bar Harbor for us, or ones downline. Boston is not a big deal, as we have our daughter and son in law coming onboard for the day - been there done that many times since they live in Boston.

JoAnn

Many thanks for the info! My wife, Carol, and I will be on the 9/22 Navigator NY to Montreal cruise. This will be our first Raddison cruise, and we are really looking forward to it!! It will be our 10th cruise, with others including Crystal, Celebrity, QE2, Peter Deilmann (Danube river cruise), RCCL, NCL, and ... Carnival:eek: . We are "young seniors" (57 - 67) and are looking forward to meeting our fellow passengers.

Archived