Get togethers, what does NCL do?

WASUP

We have form a roll call for the Spirt on 10-1, we emailed a contact person at NCL with a list of our people for the get together and the room numbers. Has anyone done a listing to NCL and what if anything have they done for the group...

Thanks

When we were on the Dawn last September one of our CC group contacted NCL. They furnished her with a computer program to print out name tags and door signs (she had to input all the info). They reserved Dazzles lounge for us Monday morning. As it turned out several members of the staff (cruise director, hotel director, food and beverage, and some others) stopped by and they had coffee, juice and cookies set out. I don't know if that is the case all the time.

We had a meeting on the Spirt a few weeks ago. (Thank You AGAIN CPayne)
The cruise director, director of hotel services and food and beverage director came. They talked to us about the history of the ship and how they had just brought it over from Asia. They also talked about the problems they had earlier in the season and what they were doing to fix them. We could ask any questions we wanted to. They were very nice guys and I felt very honest with their answers about the Spirit & NCL.

They also had coffee, tea, and cookies for us.

It was nice to meet the others from our roll call on CC. Also nice to see people throughout the week and be able to say hi & chat.

NCL Hdq and Dawn staff coordinated a CC Meeting for our April cruise, as we had a room directly opposite the bar in Spinnakers. Unfortunately it was not well attended. They also set up a Monday morning spread as discussed above, also in Dazzles, but unfortunately did not tell us, as we missed connections once on board.

[quote name='WASUP']We have form a roll call for the Spirt on 10-1, we emailed a contact person at NCL with a list of our people for the get together and the room numbers. Has anyone done a listing to NCL and what if anything have they done for the group...

Thanks[/QUOTE]

The success of the meeting is on your group. NCL has no formal program. You have to decide when you want to meet, where you want to meet, and most important show up.

As a rule NCL does not need your room numbers but will set aside space based on the size of the group. What happens onboard depends on the ship and the management onboard.

The first CC meeting I attending was on the Dawn in Feb 2003. 3 members showed up. Last October on the Sun they gave us a room but no crew members showed up for out small group.

On the Dawn Feb 2004 we had a meeting in the Star Bar. There where more then 80 CC members onboard and nearly 50 showed up as did the CD, HD, and others from the ship. NCL provided refreshments as well.

Plan a meeting go with the expectation that you will get a chance to meet the members you have planned this cruise with. Anything more then that will be a treat.

I arranged the party for our recent NCL Spirit cruise (8/21). Felt NCL did a nice job having 3 crew member attend and providing refreshments.

We also were supposedly placed on the VIP list per my request. I've heard of other VIP groups receiving all kinds of perks such as dining with the Captain, free bottles of wine, etc....We experienced none of this. However, I think there was miscommunication re: the VIP list and that the ship was not actually aware of this.

When we boarded we asked for the VIP check in line and the VIP waiting room. No one ever checked our names against any formal list. I assumed when they pulled our records on the computer it was marked as VIP. My mistake. The last day when luggage tags were given out we did not receive VIP tags. I went to the front desk and they said they showed no record of any cc.com members being on a VIP list. Wish I had known sooner so I could have straightened it out. Who knows whether we would have received any perks that week or not?! We did get to be a part of the VIP group for priority disembarkation, though, and that was great.

We've had great CC get-togethers on Celebrity, now we're sailing NCL (Star, Oct. 28th) and I'm wondering how to start one of these shin-digs. Who do you contact to get the ball rolling? I've posted on the roll call board, but so far we're the only ones sailing!

Thanks,

Kristin in NJ

I recently arranged a cc get together on NCL Spirit. Not sure if you would contact the same person, but you may start with them and if nothing else they can point you in the right direction. Here is the email address:

[email]chernandez@ncl.com[/email]

Good Luck!

Try [email]YTrujillo@ncl.com[/email], as I recall she may be a manager or supervisor in customer service at NCL Hdq. in Miami. I hope the spelling is correct, but if not, post it, and I'll get you the correct one. I think it is OK, as I've asked her for several things over the past year or so, and she has done everything I've ever asked.

What she did for our CC Meeting, was forward my request to someone on the Dawn, who assigned the room, and notified other interested parties onboard. As you understand, they make no commitments to staff attendance, and never mentioned any refreshments, but in our case, they set up a 2nd meeting spot the next day, but we did not hear about it. Unfortunately communications on our initial meeting apparently were not clear to them, as we set up the time for the room, but did not get to the room until the ship passed under the Verrazano Bridge, at which time some key staff members left. We also did not have much of a gathering, as that 1st day is pretty hectic for cruisers, and I will not do that again on Day 1.

So, in your email, state exactly what you are looking for, so the 1st message that gets to the ship will provide as much info as possible. Good Luck!!

[QUOTE]We also were supposedly placed on the VIP list per my request. I've heard of other VIP groups receiving all kinds of perks such as dining with the Captain, free bottles of wine, etc....We experienced none of this. However, I think there was miscommunication re: the VIP list and that the ship was not actually aware of this.
[/QUOTE]
What is this about a VIP list?

Angus

We are on the Spirit for 10-1 and we recently received a reply stating they would set up a meeting room for us, the first day at sea, as there is so much going on the day of sail. Not sure what they will supply as far as refreshments, as we know, that dont have to do that. Will see.

Thanks

[quote name='cpayne']We also were supposedly placed on the VIP list per my request. I've heard of other VIP groups receiving all kinds of perks such as dining with the Captain, free bottles of wine, etc....We experienced none of this. However, I think there was miscommunication re: the VIP list and that the ship was not actually aware of this. [/QUOTE] What would make you think that CC members should be listed as VIPs? NCL has no agreement with NCL and they don't host official CC parties. We appreciate when cruise lines go out of their way for members but it's their choice to do that. I would think that if just anyone could call and asked to be put on a VIP list then everyone would do it. There must be some criteria. I don't think that not being put on a VIP list was a mistake on NCL's part. It's probably something they don't do unless warranted. But if you know some secret...please let us all know. I'll try it next time I cruise! :)

Archived