Freedom Room 9404 and 9406

kadiebug12

Has anyone stayed in rooms 9404 or 9406 on Freedom? They are on the back of the ship, balcony cabins. We just noticed today on the RCCL website that one of the room descriptions says this: This room has one door, window and obstructed ocean view.

Has anyone stayed in these rooms???

Hi there. I have done a search on these two cabins and would recommend you do the same. Bonnie Voyager has a complete listing of what these cabins are along with pictures.

The corner cabin, I do believe, does NOT have a sliding glass door and is somewhat shady - which some people like and some do not. The cabin next to it seems to be a tad more popular, does have the sliding glass door and a little bigger balcony.

Again, do the search and you will find all the answers you need on these two cabins.

Thanks for the info. I did some searches and found pictures of what appears to be similar rooms. We had no idea about this room not having a sliding glass door, I am a bit surprised our travel agent didn't mention it.

From what I'm reading Bonnie Voyager is the authority on aft cabins so I'm hoping she sees my post and can give some feedback too!

Has anyone stayed in rooms 9404 or 9406 on Freedom? They are on the back of the ship, balcony cabins. We just noticed today on the RCCL website that one of the room descriptions says this: This room has one door, window and obstructed ocean view.

Has anyone stayed in these rooms???

Hi Kadiebug! I have both of these rooms booked on Liberty of the Seas (identical Sister of Freedom). While these are not usually my #1 choice (but they are near the top of my list) I specifically booked them on this particular cruise as they meet most of my "needs". I usually book the Deck 10 aft/corner cabins as my husband and I like the larger room with the larger balcony, but we prefer to have a shadier balcony. When we sail on Liberty, our best friends are coming with us and they prefer a sunnier balcony. So, in an effort to give everyone what they desire, I booked 9404 and 9406! If you look at my Webshots gallery (which are Voyager-class photos) you can look at any photos of 9390/9690 and/or 9392/9692 to see the equivalent of the Deck 9 aft/corner cabins on Freedom-class ships. The two cabins are pretty much identical except that the corner cabins have the single door with the huge porthole window. These are great cabins with lots of sunshine, despite not having the sliding doors! I would not hesitate to book one of these......except for the fact that these deck 9 corner balconies are predominantly sunny. So, this is why I put my friends in cabin 9404! They wanted a sunny balcony! Hubby and I took 9406 because it has a bit more shade. Both have large balconies with 9406 being the larger of the two. 9404 is more private and being on the corner has a more panoramic view. 9406 still has a great view and has the double sliding doors, but has a little less privacy from above and below when standing at/near the railing. Are you looking to book both cabins? Or are you trying to decide which one to book? If you just need one cabin and you prefer lots of sun and more privacy, take 9404. If you would like a bit of shade and don't care if you happen to make eye contact with a fellow aft cruiseer while standing at your railing, pick 9406. Both are good choices though and would be superior to any side cabin of the same category in my opinion! ;)

Here's the link to my Aft Gallery...

http://travel.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi

Bonnie,

Thankis so much for the info! We actually have 9406 booked next month while my parents are next door in 9404. We booked this over a year ago, and just realized yesterday that the RCCL website says 9404 has a door with a window. Thanks for sending the pictures, it appears some rooms have the door with the window while others have a solid glass door. Do you happen to know which of these 9404 has? (The solid door with a window or the single glass door)

This is our first time booking an aft cabin so we're excited!

Kadie

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for all you advice on cabins. I was woundering if you could tell me what the best cabin is on the Freedom.

i have just booked our first ever cruise and the cabin is 9674. Should i try and get an aft cabin. Any info or advice that you could off would be great.

Regards

Andy

Archived