For those who have been to Dunn's river from Montego Bay Port

Please tell me in your own words, how bad was the drive from Montego Bay to Ocho Rio's Dunn River Falls.

We have 2 teenagers and the 2 hour drive seems a little much.

Did it feel long? Did you feel safe? Was it worth it? We are on RCCL, anybody have insight on what type of transportation you ride in (bus, van, taxi)?

Anything you can tell me would be great, we need to book our excursions soon for our March cruise.

thanks and Happy New Year to all!:)

Please tell me in your own words, how bad was the drive from Montego Bay to Ocho Rio's Dunn River Falls.

We have 2 teenagers and the 2 hour drive seems a little much.

Did it feel long? Did you feel safe? Was it worth it? We are on RCCL, anybody have insight on what type of transportation you ride in (bus, van, taxi)?

Anything you can tell me would be great, we need to book our excursions soon for our March cruise.

thanks and Happy New Year to all!:)

I've done DRF from MoBay and, yeah, the drive can be interesting. The road is narrow and windy. On one of my visits to Ocho from MoBay a truck had gone off a bridge as the driver attempted to avoid a collision with on coming traffic.

Accidents of any significance are few and far between but they do happen. I've not heard of any incidents involving a tourist bus, perhaps someone else has.

The government of Jamaica is building a new four lane road to handle the traffic but I'm afraid completion will be a few years off.

Archived