Seattle Hotel

Cruisin Together

This is an older facility, in an old brick building directly across the street from the Key Arena/Seattle Center. It is considered more or less of a boutique hotel. They have window air conditioners in most of the rooms.

There are a number of restaurants in the several blocks surrounding the hotel, and it is a very easy walk to the Space Needle. The bus going away from town stops across from the Post Office at 1st & Republican (PO is directly across the street from the Hotel). Bus going toward town stops on Queen Anne Avenue (the main street behind the hotel). Cost is $1.25 per person during non-peak hours, and $1.50 per person during peak travel hours.

I stayed there years and years ago. It was cheap. Nothing bad, but very, very basic. I actually walked to Pike's Place several times from there. A long, long walk, but nice if you want some exercise! Our room had a small kitchen area. We brought back King Crab legs from the marketlace and had a little feast in our small room. Easy to get to the Park, Space Needle, etc.

My mother and I stayed at the Inn at Queen Anne a few years ago. Beware, there are no elevators. I had to carry our 4 bags up (one at a time) 2 flights of stairs. It was an ok hotel and like the other responder said ... very basic. Nice location to the Space Needle and Seattle Center (I actually got a picture of it from the top of the needle) and far from Pike Place Market.

Archived