There are NO Hurricanes in Alaska So.....

Host Caroline

Why not take your mind off Ivan and think "cool" thoughts:cool:?? We're sailing the Caribbean from Florida next week and our embarkation port, precruise package-- everything is up in the "Frances/Ivan" air!!! If you've got cruise frustration and are thinking "I need an itinerary that Mother Nature probably won't mess with", Alaska's non-hurricane prone Inside Passage is beckoning.:)

alaska04.jpg

CC's group cruise on the bee-u-tiful Diamond Princess next June 4 will be an awesome voyage and I've ordered up some clear blue skies to go along with all that gorgeous scenery!!! So if you need to take your mind off the hurricane(s) for a while.... come check out our Group Cruise!!! Feel free to email me if you have any questions at carocruiser@aol.com and

For prices and booking information check out: http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=59

And to all you Florida CC'ers: our thoughts and prayers are with you!

jerwick user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_2013181", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

We had 70 knot winds in the Gulf of Alaska on the Dawn when we sailed in Sept. a few years ago.

People were in the atrium trying to get sleep and stability. Everyone handles it differently, never sick but for whatever reason you can get sick.

Remember going to the dining room for breakfast. Crew said not to look out the windows. We were fortunate not to be sick, just watched the giant swells and ate our breakfast.

Maybe July will be better for all cruises.:D

We're not sailing in Sept., but in June! :D Should be great! Not that we ever know about bad weather, anywhere or anytime. But, sprinkles sound better by far, than hurricanes! :eek:

Hi Caroline! We have such pre and post cruise plans going! We're having so much fun with this one! We'll wait to hear what you find out for tours, though.

Anyone joining us on this cruise? We are planning on taking the ferry back to Victoria for 3 nights, post-cruise. Such a pretty town, with lots to see and do! :)

Well, find me an area of the country where everything is perfect!!:rolleyes: We have massive flooding from Hurr. Frances here and Ivan on the way..

But I look at the glass as half full... and personally know of no Alaska cruises cancelled due to weather since 1990 when we began vacationing there!!!

Join us in often sunny Alaska

Where it may rain a little on my parade

but look at it this way

when you get lemons, make lemonade!!!!!:D :D

I have done more than 40 cruises and am a elite member with Princess. We have done 3 Transatlantics and one transpacific, but the worst storms we have encountered were on our 6 Alaska cruises. One in September, 1991 in the bay of Alaska had hurricane force. We were all sick for 2 days, all glasses on board in the bars were broken, shows closed down and we got into Anchorage 8 hours late skipping college fjord sick as dogs. Had a similar storm going to Sitka in 96. Florida may have hurricanes, but ask the crab fishermen about Alaska.

I'm with you Caroline. I went to Alaska in early Septembr 2002 and Early June 2003 and didn't have any wind either time. The roughest seas we had where leaving San Francisco. I think these winds and rough seas are the exception and not the rule. Although, Sphrnx reported an E ride last week in Alaska.

Wow Richard. Rough weather on six Alaska cruises? Remind me not to sail to Alaska on the same ship with you :D

I was on the 5/29-6/5 alaska cruise on the Diamond and the weather was absolutely gorgeous. A few nights of some rockin and rollin, but we made every port and were in shirt sleeves most of the time. Some were even in the pool. Perfect time of the year to go and you will have a wonderful time. My glass is all full. Negative attitudes need not apply.:D

Archived