Has anyone been Gloria in the Legends show?

Anni_M

Don't have Arethas range, and would rather not be in it at all if I had to be Madonna or Brittney - so I'm wanting to audition for Gloria. I understand when you audition you sing a song by that artist. What is there by Gloria to chose from to sing? I'd just as soon be prepared.

Thanks a bunch

Anni

Don't have Arethas range, and would rather not be in it at all if I had to be Madonna or Brittney - so I'm wanting to audition for Gloria. I understand when you audition you sing a song by that artist. What is there by Gloria to chose from to sing? I'd just as soon be prepared.

Thanks a bunch

Anni

I was Gloria on the Victory. Aretha is to high for me (although I tried her as well on the Miracle). The song is Rhythm is Gonna Get You. I would have prefered it down 2 semitones...but I still pulled it off. If I try it again, I am going to have to have a pow wow with the sound guy and make sure I have a really hot mic and lots of monitor!!

Good luck!!!

Is that the audition song as well as the song you perform? (Not much to it is there!) I've got a few Gloria discs (I'm a disc jockey) but I don't play alot of her, and have never really sung her so I'm not that familiar with her songs. I'll work on that one. I can pull out the vocals on her disc thru my system. Thanks so much for your info!!

Anni

Is that the audition song as well as the song you perform? (Not much to it is there!) I've got a few Gloria discs (I'm a disc jockey) but I don't play alot of her, and have never really sung her so I'm not that familiar with her songs. I'll work on that one. I can pull out the vocals on her disc thru my system. Thanks so much for your info!!

Anni

It depends on the Karaoke Host. Some make the people audition only with that song so that everyone will be on a level playing field during the audition.

Others don't care what Gloria song you do.

Hubby was "Frank Sinatra" on the Freedom's Legends Show. Each of the audition winners were given an MP3 of the song they would wind up singing, that had a version with the lyrics being sung and a version with the music only, so that they could practice throughout the cruise until show night. The music was "looped" so you could practice over and over again. The version the show uses is not necessarily the same as the original recording (i.e., it may be a shortened arrangement. Sinatra's "My Way" that hubby sang was significantly shortened from the original recording).

John Heald, on his blog, had mentioned that Carnival may be removing the "Britney Spears" part. Apparently there have been some "boo's" from the audience when the passenger does this character because of Britney's bad image lately. As you can imagine, that is not what anyone wants! Heald was asking for suggestions for a female singer "legend" to replace

Britney." Either Tina Turner (my choice!) or Barbra Streisand would be decent replacement choices!

Archived