I know than can do this, but

LakeCE

They have changed the itinerary for the Inspiration 7 day on 9/12 to Progresso, Cozemel and Costa Maya. This is one port less than advertised. I realize they can change, but they are planning on one less and they are all Mexico. Now, I am still going to have a great time, but Carnival probably will not compensate us, right?

I read in the pamphlet that they sent with the docs that if a port is not replaced they will give you a $20 shipboard credit. Try not to spend it all in one place ;)

You could buy a bucket of Corona and lament the perils of cruising in hurricane season :)

[quote name='LakeCE']They have changed the itinerary for the Inspiration 7 day on 9/12 to Progresso, Cozemel and Costa Maya. This is one port less than advertised. I realize they can change, but they are planning on one less and they are all Mexico. Now, I am still going to have a great time, but Carnival probably will not compensate us, right?[/QUOTE][b][i]*Read* [/i][/b]your cruise contract (it's in your docs). The cruise line reserves the right to change the itinerary for [i]any[/i] reason, or [i]no[/i] reason, without compensation. Personally, I think they have a darn good reason for this one. :rolleyes:

I did read the cruise docs, and I said I realized they could do that. I was just checking to see if anyone on this board, full of great info, could tell me something from their experiences. You need to read the post, before you flame.

We returned Tuesday from our 9 day extended trip aboard the Inspiration. Can't tell you what or if CCL will compensate you for missing a port but I can tell you they didn't charge us additional for adding days at port.

Frances sure made my cruise an interesting one! Good luck on your cruise.

[size=3][color=purple]Lake: Unfortunately we have had that happen more times than I thought. Ours were always due to a medical emergency and we can't blame passengers for that! Carnival has always given us the $20 pp shipboard credit. The way I look at it, its $40 bucks back in my pocket. Kinda like using coupons at the grocery store. A pain in the butt, but its change back to me. :o [/color][/size]

[quote name='LakeCE']You need to read the post, before you flame.[/QUOTE]

Good for you for standing up for yourself. I often notice that the 'flamers' are posters with BIG numbers of posts. Makes you wonder if they get them by lurking around waiting for one of us novices to simply ask for information. Experience is no excuse for bad manners.

[quote name='NewCruzer1']Good for you for standing up for yourself. I often notice that the 'flamers' are posters with BIG numbers of posts. Makes you wonder if they get them by lurking around waiting for one of us novices to simply ask for information. Experience is no excuse for bad manners.[/QUOTE]

The BIG numbers also come from a pile of crap postings by these same people.We even have one who never sails with children answering questions in sailing with children topics.The number of postings should be removed and replaced with the number of cruises taken so everyone can see where your real experience comes from.

To answer the original question, You are correct and other than the $20 per person credit,that is it. However, I thought there was a provision that you have 48 hours to cancel the cruise penalty free once your are notified.It has been awhile since I looked at a cruise contract so I might be mistaken.
Steve

I have big numbers (i also have been here for many many years) and I dont feel I flame. I dont think TEF did either--just pointing out that in your documents its stated that the cruise lines CAN change ports and there is nothing we can do about it. Nice to give me 20 bucks... but if they dont give it to me--nothing I can do about it.

Sorry that you felt the guy was flaming.

Last year when we sailed on the Inspiration we missed Costa Maya due to weather and they took us into Cozmel for overnight instead. They did not compensate us for the missed port. Most of the passengers were just happy to spend the night in Cozmel.

Archived