Back from Radiance last week. Special thanks to Yukon.

ColoG8R

It was our first cruise to Alaska. As always, the Cruisecritic boards provided great suggestions on what to do. We were extremely fortunate to have had outstanding weather during the week.

In Juneau, we did Captain Larry's whale watching tour. It was wonderful.

In Skagway, we rented a vehicle and used Yukon's guide. The guide was awesome. I think we made every stop and each one was well worth it. I have some amazing photographs as well as some amazing memories. Getting away from the crowds was so refreshing. Thanks Murray!

At Hubbard Glacier, we were able to get about 600 yards from the glacier. That is one big piece of ice! Watching the calving and hearing the thunder is an experience I am fortunate to have.

In Ketchikan, we experienced a bit of rain (imagine that). Most of the time it was just misting. We didn't plan anything and that worked out well. We took the little tram to the Cape Fox Lodge for lunch, visited the hatchery and walked around town. It was an enjoyable day in a charming little town.

I've posted my pics at the following site.

http://photos.yahoo.com/linda_fl_g8r

They are in the 2004 Alaskan Cruise album. Pics 79 through 140 are the ones we took using Yukon's guide.

I want to thank all of you who provide input to these boards. They continue to make my cruise vacations great.

Linda

Wow! Your pictures were great.

I'm considering the same cruise and am wondering what type of stateroom you had and what room number. How was the view from the balcony? Was it obstructed at all by the lifeboats and lower decks? How did you like being this high up, 10th floor I think?

Thanks.

I wished we could have spent more time together. I hope you guys have a great time on your Hawaiian voyage.

Sassy1995...We were in a grand suite on Radiance on Deck 10. We loved it. It was our first suite and this was the right cruise for it. We were on the bump of the ship so we didn't have to deal with the lifeboat covers.

Linda

Linda,

Now that you've experienced a variety of ships, how do they compare? Is RCCL still about the same as Celebrity as I've been told? I'm assuming the Milli (I think that was your ship for the Carribean),would be about the same as the Infinity. Just dying to know what my trip has in store for me since I've never cruised anyone but RCCL.

Veronica

Millie was a beautiful ship. Not as much glass as Radiance but very well done. RCCL has a much better kids' program but that won't be a problem for you guys. Celebrity seemed a tad more formal to us in that service was more reserved. It's hard to describe.

I love both lines and would gladly sail either. I can't wait to hear details from your trip. My email is lvose@earthlink.net . Please keep in touch!

Linda

Archived