Azamara Cabin Credit

Betty/Avie

We received a promotional email from Azamara (as I assume most of you did) announcing a cabin credit incentive for new reservations for Europe and other cruises. We have already booked on one of their northern European trips. I asked our TA about this, and after checking it out, replied that Azamara is strictly enforcing the "new" facet of this promotion and they are monitoring existing reservations so that they cannot cancel and rebook at the more advantageous pricing arrangement. Has anyone heard about this policy?

I also see on the Azamara website that there is now a fuel fee added to "new reservations." I have not checked with Azamara, but does this increase in cost apply to bookings obtained before the fee was instituted but where the cruise will take place after Feb. 2008?

I would appreciate any input you may have.

Thanks, and a Happy New Year.

Avie

I asked our TA about this, and after checking it out, replied that Azamara is strictly enforcing the "new" facet of this promotion and they are monitoring existing reservations so that they cannot cancel and rebook at the more advantageous pricing arrangement.

When the price drops after you've booked, and before final payment, clients with existing bookings receive the lower price (if you ask about it). However, with the cabin credit now being offered, if the price that you paid for your cruise is the same as it is now, you are being penalized for booking early and it hardly seems fair.:(

I didn't receive the promotional email from Azamara, but I did notice this offer on an on-line TA site...is Azamara offering the same credits?

"$$$ Book now and receive a FREE per cabin onboard credit of $800 on select suite categories, $500 on select balcony categories, or $300 on select oceanview categories. Restrictions may apply."

I also see on the Azamara website that there is now a fuel fee added to "new reservations." I have not checked with Azamara, but does this increase in cost apply to bookings obtained before the fee was instituted but where the cruise will take place after Feb. 2008?

If you are from the U.S., yes (unless you paid in full by Nov. 16th).

Quack!

I will respond to your question as well. We did not receive anything from Azamara or Celebrity about a credit. We are Elite members but haven't received anything in a while. We are interested in the Europe cruises too. Oh well, will have to keep checking.

In the past, if the price has dropped on a cruise that we are sailing on, we have been able to get the lower price. That hasn't happened recently. We are on the Quest in February and the prices are significantly higher than what we booked them for.

Will be interested to hear about your cruise. I assume that you are taking it to recuperate from the wedding festivities! My best to Aunt Betty.

Sue

We booked and paid for the February Azmara Journey cruise in the UK. Having viewed several promotions being offerd by US TA's,I contacted Celebrity?azmara reference the OBC ans was told this would be coming courtesy of the Celebrity?Azmara sales department.To date not such information has arrived, it looks like a chase up is in order.

Hi,

I did check with Azamara this am. (We are booked on the June 13, 2008 cruise on the Journey from Copenhagen.) Azamara has boosted the price for the 1A cabin by $100 per person and then are offering a $500 cabin credit for new passengers! Of course, the amount of the onboard credit varies with the cabin class. This promotion is by Azamara, and is available either through TA's or Azamara.

Archived