Century guaranty assignments

gerig

It's been more than three weeks since I changed from the sunset veranda cabin to the family oceanview guaranty cabin. Final payment is due January 21st. At this point there are no family oceanview cabins available in fact they are no longer offering the guaranty. There are almost all of the celebrity suites available and 8 - 10 sky suites.

I have been looking at all the Century 4 and 5 day cruises from January - April and it appears that most sailings do not sell out. I have noticed a lot of price reductions for January and February. Hoping this will happen in March.

For anyone who booked a guaranty or received a price reduction on a January - March sailings on Century, please let me know what category was assigned and the reduction received. Also how quickly did you receive you cabin assignment frm when you booked. Thank you

We are sailing on the Century at the end of this month – oh that sounds great to say. Anyway, we originally booked a CC cabin: there was no ‘suite guarantee’ offered when we booked. About a month ago I noticed that for our sailing they were now offering a ‘suite guarantee’ for less than we were paying for the CC cabin. I called my TA and had her change our reservation – the savings was $70 per person and now we were going to be in a suite vs. a CC cabin. I have been fortunate enough to sail in suites on Celebrity before so I know how great they are.

My TA called me about a week later to let me know that if we wanted to ‘give up’ our suite guarantee and take a sky suite the price on them had now dropped and that would be even cheaper than the guarantee. (Celebrity was offering a special rate on SS’s for residence of certain states; one of them was mine so we qualified.) I didn’t know what to do as I could see there were several royal suites and a penthouse suite available on our sailing and, being elite on X, I had my hopes up that we would get one of those. I called the Captain’s Club and a very nice woman there told me that we had already been assigned a cabin and it was a Celebrity Suite.

Knowing that we had already been assigned a cabin it was easy to give up the Celebrity Suite for the Sky Suite and an additional $50 off for each of us. So now we know we have a nice cabin literally in the middle of the ship, with a huge balcony and that butler service I love so much. The total savings to us since our original booking: $120.00 each. I have been keeping an eye on the prices to see if they drop again but they haven’t. If they do I have a great TA who I know will fight to get us the difference either in the form of a refund or onboard credit.

Good luck with whatever you get and enjoy your cruise!

We are sailing on the Century at the end of this month – oh that sounds great to say. Anyway, we originally booked a CC cabin: there was no ‘suite guarantee’ offered when we booked. About a month ago I noticed that for our sailing they were now offering a ‘suite guarantee’ for less than we were paying for the CC cabin. I called my TA and had her change our reservation – the savings was $70 per person and now we were going to be in a suite vs. a CC cabin. I have been fortunate enough to sail in suites on Celebrity before so I know how great they are.

My TA called me about a week later to let me know that if we wanted to ‘give up’ our suite guarantee and take a sky suite the price on them had now dropped and that would be even cheaper than the guarantee. (Celebrity was offering a special rate on SS’s for residence of certain states; one of them was mine so we qualified.) I didn’t know what to do as I could see there were several royal suites and a penthouse suite available on our sailing and, being elite on X, I had my hopes up that we would get one of those. I called the Captain’s Club and a very nice woman there told me that we had already been assigned a cabin and it was a Celebrity Suite.

Knowing that we had already been assigned a cabin it was easy to give up the Celebrity Suite for the Sky Suite and an additional $50 off for each of us. So now we know we have a nice cabin literally in the middle of the ship, with a huge balcony and that butler service I love so much. The total savings to us since our original booking: $120.00 each. I have been keeping an eye on the prices to see if they drop again but they haven’t. If they do I have a great TA who I know will fight to get us the difference either in the form of a refund or onboard credit.

Good luck with whatever you get and enjoy your cruise!

Barbara

Did you check with celebrity site for your room assignment? What I'm asking is did the Captains Club have your assignment before it was listed on the celebrity website?

The website still states that I'm in a family oceanview guaranty. I have a feeling that the cabin prices will be lowered since the ship is not full. I may be able to change to a sky suite and still receive a lower price than the guaranty. Unfortunately I have to wait - I hope I don't have to wait too long - the suspense is killing me.

The Captain's Club knew my cabin before it was showing up anywhere. The Celebrity site still had me in a 'suite guarantee' when I called. My TA had also checked on her system and saw the same thing. The Captain's Club told me not only what type of cabin I had been assigned but the exact cabin number.

I would give them a call - you don't have anything to lose other than a few minutes of your time.

The Captain's Club knew my cabin before it was showing up anywhere. The Celebrity site still had me in a 'suite guarantee' when I called. My TA had also checked on her system and saw the same thing. The Captain's Club told me not only what type of cabin I had been assigned but the exact cabin number.

I would give them a call - you don't have anything to lose other than a few minutes of your time.

I have the Captains Clubto inquire as to whether I have been assigned a cabin yet or when will I be assigned a cabin. I hope they respond with a definite answer. When I booked a guaranty with Carnival I went from an oceanview cabin to a huge balcony cabin. When I booked a guaranty with Princess I went from the lowest mini suite to the highest mini suite. I hope to get an upgrade, but will be happy with a family oceanview.

Geri

It sounds to me like you have always done well with 'guarantees.' I have only ever booked one one other time - on Celebrity. I booked a verandah guarantee and was given a sky suite. That's actually what started me on the suites with Celebrity and the butler service. It did the trick though. They upgraded me and since then I have yet to sail on a Celebrity ship not in a suite. This upcoming Century cruise was to be my first non-suite in years and, as it turns out, I'll be in a suite on that one as well.

Good luck to you!

It sounds to me like you have always done well with 'guarantees.' I have only ever booked one one other time - on Celebrity. I booked a verandah guarantee and was given a sky suite. That's actually what started me on the suites with Celebrity and the butler service. It did the trick though. They upgraded me and since then I have yet to sail on a Celebrity ship not in a suite. This upcoming Century cruise was to be my first non-suite in years and, as it turns out, I'll be in a suite on that one as well.

Good luck to you![/quote

No word yet. Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise

Have you sailed on the Century yet? We have sailed on the Constellation, Millenium, Zenith and Horizon. Our favorite was the Constellation.

Good luck to you!

I was informed today that a cabin has not been selected as of yet and probably will not be assigned until after final payment and possibly even later than that. The response doesn't make sense because there was a message on these boards that stated a couple had just booked a Celebrity Baltic cruise this week and within hours a cabin was assigned. That cruise did not sail until May and my cruise is in March. I don't understand why guaranty cabins are assigned early and some are assigned late. Does anyone know how this works with Celebrity?

I think it depends on how bookings are going for that particular cruise.

We booked a FV guarantee on the Jan 28 sailing of Constellation and we had to wait over a month past final payment before we were assigned (a corner FV, woot!). Many others who booked FV guarantees in the same time period were assigned within days.

Archived