Dress for Carnival Liberty 8 Night

starfishblue

I'm thinking that sounds a bit casual if you mean you want him to wear it on formal night. Khakis are perfect for the casual nights though. Even on Carnival you will find most men in suits on formal nights and a few tuxes. While I'm sure he could "get away with it" it certainly is not formal.

Thanks, we may give the formal nights a miss. We're from a pretty outdoorsy, casual place (we wear jeans to church) and I don't really want to stress about this. His suit doesn't fit any more- so I was trying to figure something else out.

Thanks,

Beth

Yes, it would be with a tie. I probably didn't clarify- by khakis I was more describing the color- he has dress pants that are khaki colored but aren't probably what you think of when you hear "khakis." They aren't cotton or have big pockets. I just like that color with black- I think it's both classic and modern, so that's what we were thinking of doing. He has nice, dressy black shoes, and we would definitely put a tie with it.

I used to be an agent, so I've cruised quite a bit and have a plethora of things to choose from, but this is hubby's first cruise (we've been married 4 years) and I don't want to stress him out too much! It's a shame the suit he has doesn't quite fit- that would be the obvious choice.

Cheers,

Beth

Yes, it would be with a tie. I probably didn't clarify- by khakis I was more describing the color- he has dress pants that are khaki colored but aren't probably what you think of when you hear "khakis." They aren't cotton or have big pockets. I just like that color with black- I think it's both classic and modern, so that's what we were thinking of doing. He has nice, dressy black shoes, and we would definitely put a tie with it.

I used to be an agent, so I've cruised quite a bit and have a plethora of things to choose from, but this is hubby's first cruise (we've been married 4 years) and I don't want to stress him out too much! It's a shame the suit he has doesn't quite fit- that would be the obvious choice.

Cheers,

Beth

Most men wear dark pants, so really it is your husband's comfort level that matters.

Payd

Archived