Which Pier for Mercury in SF

hudunnit

DH and I are booked on the Mercury California coast cruise out of San Francisco on March 29. We'll be reserving a hotel for the night before, and would like to have something close enough to the pier to walk there. Can anyone tell me which pier this ship leaves from and what hotel would be closest? Or, we have HiltonHhonors points we could use if there's a Hilton affiliate close by. Thanks for anything you can tell me.

Jean

theres also the hyatt at fishermans wharf

radisson fishermans wharf, agronaut hotel , marriot fishermans wharf

as far as walking ,i would take a cab .

the pier is at pier 35, which is right next to pier 39, i would stay in the fishermans wharf area, avoid union square area, its not a nice area,

heres a map

sanfranciscocenter.gif

Just to amend things:

I'm not sure why you wanted to walk, but if it was a matter of economy (or even not) you should know that if you can handle your luggage on a walk to the pier, you could probably also take public transportation from the airport to a Market Street-area hotel (BART's about 5 bucks) and from a hotel to the pier ($1.50). Though the west side of Union Square (including around the Hilton) is an edgy neighborhood, the east side, as well as hotels near Market from 5th Street east, is a lot nicer. Frankly, if I had Hilton points to redeem and was planning to just use the hotel to sleep in, I'd have no qualms about staying at the downtown Hilton. Plenty of people do. If price is not a big consideration, the Hyatt Embarcardero is right on the BART line, a quick streetcar ride from the pier, and in a nice, pretty convenient location. And if there were particular things you wanted to do in SF - theater, for instance, gourmet restaurants, or museum-going - be advised that Fisherman's Wharf is kinda far from anything but the Wax Museum and T-shirt shops.

• 4 weeks later...
If price is not a big consideration, the Hyatt Embarcardero is right on the BART line, a quick streetcar ride from the pier, and in a nice, pretty convenient location.

The hotel is called the Hyatt Regency, is located at 5 Embarcadero Center, and you can see it here:

http://sanfranciscoregency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

It's a handy location and there is shopping nearby. It's not my favorite style of hotel, as it has a huge, windowless interior with glass elevators that face inward. There may still be a revolving restaurant/bar at the top, but it's not very high up, actually.

We haven't dined or slept there, but have gone for a drink or to visit with friends who stayed there. We are still Hyatt Gold Passport members, but if we stay at regular chain hotels now, our allegiance is to the 100% smokefree chains.

Why can"t Celebrity tell us which port Galaxy docks at on Dominica? Now saying we are tendered, not docked,but don't know wich port. Independent guides say listed as Cabrits,X info says Roseau,but they will not confirm this.

Archived