Half Moon Cay

RYPERO

• 2 weeks later...
We visted Half Moon Key in March through Holland America. It was a beautiful island. We had to be tendered onto the island. We arrived about 9am and it was quite chilly, I'm talking sweatshirt weather. About 11am the winds calmed and the clouds moved out!! They have a few little shops there, a place for hairbraiding etc. Holland America had a barbecue set up, it had hamburgers/hotdogs/chicken etc. The island itself was very clean.

Pam

Oosterdam 03/04

Since we have been fortunate to have cruised the Carribbean a few times with HAL...we have been to HMC several times...it is one of the prettiest and well taken care of 'private' islands we have been to. It has a beautiful beach with soft white sand and HAL has only developed a small portion of the island. They have lots of chaises and some hammocks available to use. They also offer (for a fee) activities like parasailing, riding a banana boat, hobie cats, seakayaking, aqua-cycles, snorkeling, fishing etc. They also offer massages (which can be booked beforehand in the spa salon) on the beach...something that I once booked for DH as a surprise! I believe that they also offered an eco hike and also a glass bottom boat type excursion.
They serve a great buffet in a lovely setting too!
You'll enjoy it very much.

Victoria III 4/99 (Yangtze River)
Maasdam 5/00 (W.Med) & 11/01
Veendam 10/00
Zaandam 5/01 (Alaska cruisetour)
Millenium 12/01 & 10/03 (transatlantic)
Amsterdam 5/02 (transcanal)
NCL Star 12/02 (Hawaii)
CCL Paradise 3/03
Noordam 4/03 (transatlantic)
NCL Dawn 8/03
Regal Princess Elaine 3/04 (Yangtze River)

• 2 weeks later...
Without doubt the single most beautiful private island out there. Absolutely crystal clear blue water, palm trees and soft white sparkling sand. What more could you want?

I must go down to the sea again. . . .

Countdown to Voyager!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;7;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

• 2 years later...
Hi luv2cruise450,
If you can remember and you don't mind me asking how much was the massages you booked for your DH? Do you remember the setting for the spa on HMC?Sounds like everyone loves HMC.Any info would be great.I am having a hard time finding info about this port.

[quote name='para']Hi luv2cruise450,
.I am having a hard time finding info about this port.[/quote]

There is a lot of information about HMC on this board. You can try some searchs.

Basically this is a private island owned by Holland America. Carnival is using it when Hal's ships are not scheduled for a stop.

Excursions and any rentals are only available through the cruise line. Check what your cruise line has to offer for this stop.

The port is really a "beach day" stop. :)

Archived