Question re: AirPlus

cdkempton

I have already used AirPlus for an upcoming cruise but since then a flight has been added by Delta that would be an even better connection on our return from Athens. Would I be charged the $75 fee again if I make a flight number change? It is a savings of about 2 hours wait time in Atlanta so it's really no big deal but would be nice to get to our home airport earlier.

Thanks for any assistance.

Happy New Year. Cheers! Colette :D

To me, the $75 charge would be worth it. There are too many negative reviews with Air Plus, at least Delta has a somewhat decent reputation, plus the time saving difference. Keep in mind that there might be a difference in the fare as well.

I have already used AirPlus for an upcoming cruise but since then a flight has been added by Delta that would be an even better connection on our return from Athens. Would I be charged the $75 fee again if I make a flight number change? It is a savings of about 2 hours wait time in Atlanta so it's really no big deal but would be nice to get to our home airport earlier.

Thanks for any assistance.

Happy New Year. Cheers! Colette :D

I don't believe you would have to pay the fee again, but if the Delta flight were drastically more expensive you may have to pay that...

Best source is to check with HAL, but I believe that $75.00 customization fee is a flat fee that is paid, and not a "each time" fee.

Best source is to check with HAL, but I believe that $75.00 customization fee is a flat fee that is paid, and not a "each time" fee.
While I agree HAL (or the OP's TA) is the best source, my 2009 HAL brochure disagrees with the $75 one-time fee.

Request should be submitted prior to final payment in order to assure proper consideration. All requests are subject to availability and are not guaranteed. If confirmation is possible a US$75 non-refundable service charge will be assessed. A service charge will be assessed for each additional request that is confirmed.
To me that reads that IF HAL is able to change to OP to the new Delta flight, an additional $75 would be charged.

Thank you all for your input. I will check with HAL (I booked through them). They were very nice to deal with and the air fare did not change with my initial variation. The only difference with this new flight that Delta has listed is that it would mean a couple of hours less in Atlanta and a couple of hours earlier arrival in Sacramento. Since we will be staying at the hotel at the airport before driving home, it really won't matter too much what time we get there.

Thanks again and Happy New year.

Cheers! Colette

Archived