Question for Galapagos-Xpedition vets.

drfun48

I've just booked my third trip for July 19,2009. I was previously there on the Xpedition July 2005,and December 2006.

I obviously loved it and consider it to be the best of my vacations.However,having done the Celebrity 10 day package twice before,although I found it most interesting,I'm wondering if any of you could suggest something else instead of the Saturday Quito and Equator monument tour.

I really wouldn't have a problem "resting up" at the beautiful Marriott in anticipation of the Galapagos,but was wondering if i any alternative tours or hotspots were in the vicinity.

How fortunate to be returning a 3rd time. We just returned from the Dec 9 trip. Have you considered hiring a driver at Mariott for trip to Bellavista Cloud Forest or Otavalo & other nearby towns? We had a very pleasant day which included stopping for lunch at a historic hacienda.

How fortunate to be returning a 3rd time. We just returned from the Dec 9 trip. Have you considered hiring a driver at Mariott for trip to Bellavista Cloud Forest or Otavalo & other nearby towns? We had a very pleasant day which included stopping for lunch at a historic hacienda.

Thanks-we'll check it out.I guess we can also check with the consierge,but I figured those who took the 11 day trip would have some idea how to spend an extra day there.

One more question jle...Was Fernando still the bar manager? What a nice gentleman!

I've just booked my third trip for July 19,2009. I was previously there on the Xpedition July 2005,and December 2006.

I obviously loved it and consider it to be the best of my vacations.However,having done the Celebrity 10 day package twice before,although I found it most interesting,I'm wondering if any of you could suggest something else instead of the Saturday Quito and Equator monument tour.

I really wouldn't have a problem "resting up" at the beautiful Marriott in anticipation of the Galapagos,but was wondering if i any alternative tours or hotspots were in the vicinity.

The Galapagos is our favoritte places in the World as we have Lizard and Tortoise pets.

Here is a place I highly recommend. It is one of the nices places we have stayed in the World (and only maybe $100.00 per night a couple of years ago). It is near Otavalo. I'd recommend a two night stay before you go to the Galapagos. They can send a driver to pick you up at the airport.

http://www.haciendapinsaqui.com/

I'm so jealous I can barely stand myself! I would love to return.

We did the eleven day trip and on our extra day we went to Otavalo. It was a fantastic day with several stops including lunch at a hacienda. We bought so much stuff the bellboy had to bring out a luggage cart to help us carry it all in. :o We only spent about $100 for the lot - paintings, handmade panama hats, weavings, etc.

It can be booked through the hotel. :)

Thanks to all for the suggestions...I checked out the Bellavista Cloud Forrest website and it does look interesting.

I have two other cruises before including next New Year's on the Solstice. yet I'm still looking foreward to #3 at the Galapagos. It was amazing how many of the crew,which had very little turnover,remembered us.

Fernando the bar manager greeted us like long lost relatives and incredibly remembered my favorite drink-the Caiparinha...maybe I'd spent a little too much time at the bar the first time.

Archived