VSP-Vessel Sanatation Program

BGSS

The VSP Manual states in section 6.4.1.3.1: "children in diapers or who are not toilet trained are not permitted in the public swimming pools and whirlpool areas."

You can check out all of the regulations at www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp

The Quest was inspected at the beginning of November and had a score of 97. To this date the Quest has not filed a corrective report with the CDC. In contrast O's Regatta scored 99 in late November and filed a corrective report immediately.

If you have knowledge of kids pooping in the pool you should complain directly to the CDC if the ships personel refuse to take corrective action. This is a huge public health problem. You can e-mail cdcinfo@cdc.gov.

I hope this posting gets Azamara's attention.

BGSS,

Is there some background to this post that I'm not seeing? Azamara doesn't especially encourage children being on board, so do you know for sure that babies in the pool reduced the CDC score? That's surely not a normal state of affairs for Azamara is it? I don't recall even seeing any babies on our cruise, let alone in the pool.

Lisa

Lisa,

There was no pool violation in the current score. There have been several postings on this board about children and the pool in other threads. Since it is reported here that there are currently 120 children on board and I am taking the next cruise, I want to be sure that there are not public health problems. I have not been on the Quest yet, but I did personally witness a baby in the pool on another Celebrity ship and the crew did nothing about it.

Archived