Zipline on our own?

flashcruise

Hi!

We are hoping to rent a car in St. Lucia so we can see as many different things as possible. We'd like to zipline while we are there. Does this have to be done through a tour, or can we do it on our own? I have researched, read most of this forum, and I still don't know the answer. If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it. Happy New Year!!

Have you been on the roads in St Lucia???? It is a beautiful island, but not one I would drive. I've done the zips twice and have let someone else do the driving. First time with RCI, second with Frank. Frank charged very little for his service and will add in an island tour for a small amount more. Not sure if you can do the tour on your own, but I would think so.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi!

We are hoping to rent a car in St. Lucia so we can see as many different things as possible. We'd like to zipline while we are there. Does this have to be done through a tour, or can we do it on our own? I have researched, read most of this forum, and I still don't know the answer. If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it. Happy New Year!!

My first visit to St. Lucia, I rented a Suzuki Samurai (about $100 with ins. -- you need the coverage in a forgeign country) and was able to easily navigate around the entire island to see all we wanted to see in a single day....but it really was only because of tight planning beforehand.

The roads are fine, and the right hand drive only takes about 15 minutes to get used to, so it really depends on how motivated you are to do new things: don't let all the other posts about road conditions and stuff freak you out before you even get there!

However, because time is of the essence for Cruisers, I would really weigh the benefits of having someone really familiar with the locale to not only get you to where you want to, but to open doors that might be somewhat closed for the independent visitor. Case in point: by the time you get done with Castries and are in the Soufriere area, it should be time for lunch, and having the opportunity to dine at Ladera (most amazing vistas and cuisine) pretty much depends on a recommendation from a Preferred Provider (driver/guide). Same goes for knowing how to schedule your visits to some of the Parks, like either of the Hot or Cold Falls, the Botanical Gardens, etc. They are closed during the oddest times and days, so you could literally waste a lot of precious time only to be disappointed.

As suggested, opting for a private driver for the day (not simply a "tour") so the two of you can enjoy privacy and freedom as passengers in a luxury sedan with a driver that knows the island inside and out and can still open doors for you as well as accommodate your 'requested itinerary' would not only be affordable but wise indeed. For the two of you, figure around $200 total (may be negotiated, but do tip well!), and the fees for particulars like the zipline and meals would be additional: fees for the falls and Gardens should be included.

I know of only one to recommend for this, since not only is he "Preferred" but actually worked for the Tourism Board as well, and has more professionalism all around: Simon, aka "Simon Says"

Email: simonsaid07@hotmail.com Cell: 758-719-1721

:D

Hi!

My first visit to St. Lucia, I rented a Suzuki Samurai (about $100 with ins. -- you need the coverage in a forgeign country) and was able to easily navigate around the entire island to see all we wanted to see in a single day....but it really was only because of tight planning beforehand.

The roads are fine, and the right hand drive only takes about 15 minutes to get used to, so it really depends on how motivated you are to do new things: don't let all the other posts about road conditions and stuff freak you out before you even get there!

However, because time is of the essence for Cruisers, I would really weigh the benefits of having someone really familiar with the locale to not only get you to where you want to, but to open doors that might be somewhat closed for the independent visitor. Case in point: by the time you get done with Castries and are in the Soufriere area, it should be time for lunch, and having the opportunity to dine at Ladera (most amazing vistas and cuisine) pretty much depends on a recommendation from a Preferred Provider (driver/guide). Same goes for knowing how to schedule your visits to some of the Parks, like either of the Hot or Cold Falls, the Botanical Gardens, etc. They are closed during the oddest times and days, so you could literally waste a lot of precious time only to be disappointed.

As suggested, opting for a private driver for the day (not simply a "tour") so the two of you can enjoy privacy and freedom as passengers in a luxury sedan with a driver that knows the island inside and out and can still open doors for you as well as accommodate your 'requested itinerary' would not only be affordable but wise indeed. For the two of you, figure around $200 total (may be negotiated, but do tip well!), and the fees for particulars like the zipline and meals would be additional: fees for the falls and Gardens should be included.

I know of only one to recommend for this, since not only is he "Preferred" but actually worked for the Tourism Board as well, and has more professionalism all around: Simon, aka "Simon Says"

Email: simonsaid07@hotmail.com Cell: 758-719-1721

:D

Archived