Help me!!! Just got my docs today!

shebring02lx

Please help shed light on my situation.

I booked an inside gty and I have yet to receive a room assignment ... I'm prepared not to find out until I arrive at the port. Not a problem ... but I am worried that because I have the grey TBA luggage tags; I will not get my luggage until later that night!!!! I will be so lost w/o the opportunity to unpack and settle into our room right away .... after all it is a celebration of my 5 year anniversary cruise w/ my fiance'.

Help me! Any experience w/ grey luggage tags?

The porters will know your cabin number and write it on your luggage tags. No need to worry! :)

I seem to remember reading that your cabin number is on your docs....it is kind of in "code", embedded in series of numbers and letters. I could be wrong or that could have changed. Anyone know what I am talking about?

I've never had the gray luggage tags, but have read on here,(and know if I'm wrong, someone will come along and correct me) that once you get to the port, you tell the porter you haven't received your cabin assignment, and that they can look it up on the manifest for you and give you the correct tags. There's nothing to worry about, you'll get your luggage fine;)

In the meantime, you can access your e-docs now and keep checking, and if one's assigned before you leave, just print off the luggage tags from there and use those;)

Im glad to know that the porters will know our cabin number. Im so scared of anyone loosing my luggage.

Long story short - My obsessiveness w/ my luggage came about spring 05 when my parents bought me a trip to Europe, traveling, England, France and Italy for a week and they lost my luggage .... having to wear the same 2 outfits for a whole week. My luggage got home before I did though!

So - about this secret hidden code in my documents .... any idea?

keep checking your e-docs every few days. You can reprint your luggage tags etc. I know others have said there's some kind of code, but I never found it on my e-docs. Regardless the porters will know your cabin and write it correctly on your documents so you don't have to worry.

There is definitely nothing to worry about. Even if you do not have a cabin number now, you will have one on the manifest when you board the ship. So, you WILL have a cabin to be in right away. Have fun!

Im glad to know that the porters will know our cabin number. Im so scared of anyone loosing my luggage.

Long story short - My obsessiveness w/ my luggage came about spring 05 when my parents bought me a trip to Europe, traveling, England, France and Italy for a week and they lost my luggage .... having to wear the same 2 outfits for a whole week. My luggage got home before I did though!

So - about this secret hidden code in my documents .... any idea?

I don't blame you for the luggage-phobia! :p

As for the "secret code" on your docs....it seems to me that there is a series of numbers and letters on the bottom of one of the pages (I'm talking paper docs, no idea if this would be the same for e-docs) and the cabin number is somewhere in the middle. Might be the Credit Card info page or maybe the back of that page?? Sorry...I'm not even sure it still works...I know it did for our cruise in 2006. We had booked GTY and found out we had been upgraded.

Good luck!

Our first cruise was an OV guarantee and we had the gray luggage tags. We didn't find out until we got to the port and the porters just wrote it in on our tags. We got our luggage when everyone else did, and actually it was some of the first luggage delivered (although I think that may be because we boarded almost as early as we could!)

As for the code, I have heard about it, but never been able to confirm it either...

Jen:)

If you have paper docs... look on the back of the Sign & Sail Account card.... at the bottom of the page is a set of numbers that should start with your booking number. Immediately after that should be your cabin number.... Then a set of letters, your sail date and your name.....

At least that is what I am looking at for my docks for 1 week from now. :D

If you have paper docs... look on the back of the Sign & Sail Account card.... at the bottom of the page is a set of numbers that should start with your booking number. Immediately after that should be your cabin number.... Then a set of letters, your sail date and your name.....

At least that is what I am looking at for my docks for 1 week from now. :D

That's it! I knew someone could confirm it! :)

Omg - if I am reading this right ... I was upgraded!!!

I THINK it says my cabin number will be E259

This is what it reads -

Booking # ****** THEN E259*SE [FOR SENSATION] THEN THE DATE 20080120 THEN SOME OTHER RANDOM NUMBER AND THEN MY LAST NAME!!!

Is this true?

Were we upgraded -- of course I know nothing is set in stone yet - Looks like an OV room?

Sounds like an upgrade to me! ;)

BUT, like you said, it could change at any time. You might try to confirm it by going to carnival.com and pretend to buy something for your cabin. If it accepts the cabin number you can be pretty sure that is your cabin.

Good luck!:)

This truly is fantastic!!!

Of course - the biggest worry I have is getting my luggage before dinner! :)

The past 2 cruises I have had - they were outside the room before dinner - so I would imagine this one would be the same way.

Thank you everyone!!!

Archived