Schorlarship At Sea

stevebeme

We are planning on going to the mexican riviera Jan 2009 (yeah I like to start early) and from what I see on the brochure the ship will be the Sapphire.

Has anyone tried out the Scholarship at sea programs and if you have what did you think of them?

Steven, we've done several of the Scholarship@sea programs and have enjoyed them. My DH took the computer classes, photo shop beginning and advance, plus a security class (he's a sys admin for AT&T and wanted to be sure that they were accurate with the info). I've taken several of the art classes, tee shirt painting, ceramics, scrapbooking, etc. and had fun with them. They also offered a lecture series when we did the SE Asia cruise, themes were pirates, great shipwrecks and filming "Titanic". Some are free, like the lecture classes, others are $10 -$15 and thecomputer classes were the most expensive at $25 - $35, depending upon the class. The times are listed in the Princess Patters and they are repeated, depending upon the length of the cruise, of course.

It's a fun thing to do on sea days!

Charlie

I also love it when they have lectures and seminars on sea days. I really loved the Alaskan Naturalist when we were there. I have even done the Health & Wellness and Money Seminars. They were OK. Those on the Asia trip sound like fun.

They could do these with the itinerary in mind and have relevant topics. Sounds like fun. (Better than Karioke and Not-so-newlywed!) Oh - what the heck, sometimes those are a hoot too!

I agree that I'd enjoy more lectures and information related to the particular itinerary of the ship (and NOT shopping info!). The Alaska cruise we did on Princess was great due to the enthusiasm of the naturalist, who IIRC offered at least 3 and maybe 4 special lectures during the course of the cruise. I also enjoyed the Baltics cruise, on which the cruise director provided a couple of special lectures on Russia and the Romanov czars.

I felt that was one thing missing on our Egypt/Aegean cruise -- I realize the itinerary was packed, but on the sea day to Egypt it would have been nice to have a special presentation -- maybe on ancient Egyptian history or even on current political/economic situation in Egypt and other middle eastern countries....

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We took classes on The TP May 8th - May 18th .

The teacher was named Martin he was wonderful we took classes using Microsoft Word, excel, .

Using Adobe Photo Shop elements. It was well worth it.

Archived