X-1 Package Questions.

nickylu818

At two glasses of wine per day - you break even. Everything else is a bonus. Seems like a no brainer to me. I'm sure I'll have a beer with lunch , a beer as I start dinner and a glass of wine (or 2) with dinner.

My husband will have no problem beating me!

My husband & I got the X1 package on our Xmas Fortuna cruise. We drank approximately 2-3 beers during lunch on deck served by the roaming bar staff (as long as the buffet is open, you can get it) and approximately 4 glasses of wine at dinner. Since the dinner service was rather slow it helped us not to mind so much. If you have a good waiter (which we did), he will keep refilling your glass with red, white or rose wine - whichever you prefer and after the first day will remember which one it is and keep your glass full! We thought it was a great value.:)

We are sailing on the Costa Fortuna this weekend, and despite other peoples comments that this must be booked thru your travel agent or Costa 14 days prior, I was able to add it today through Special Services. The agent did say that it usually needed to be booked earlier, but she was willling to do it for me. :)

Here are the details I was given by Costa and who I called:

I called Costa Special Services at 1-800-445-8020, ext. 5009 to order ad NOT Costa General Reservations.\.

The X1 package for our cruise was approx $95 USD (I can't recall the exact number but it was $95.37 or similar)for the duration of the cruise per person. I had to pay immediately.

Individual Beverage Package (by the glass)

Beverage package can be ordered and paid before the cruise only and is for Individual Guests only (Specialty restaurants not included).

» X1 code will be printed on the passenger's Costa Badge.

» Includes white and red wines or draft beer, soft drinks, bottled water, all served by the glass in the Main Restaurant or Self-Service Restaurant during lunch and dinner.

Another X1 package question - we have ordered it - now there is a question as to whether the price of the package includes the gratuity for any drink ordered?

We had the x1 on 2 previous cruises and it did include the tip - sometimes a few extra bucks for a tip at the pool bar got us quick refills! Our waiters at dinner brought unlimited bottles of sparkling water and white wine - we went thru plenty + the water and sodas at lunch made it very worth while for us - they left full bottles at dinner so we never had to wait for refills! That was when the price was $11/day = great deal! We're book on a European cruise in 2 weeks and the price went up to $14/day (should still include tip) but we still think it's a good deal - anything over 2 glasses of wine a day is free in my book!!:cool: They mistakenly charge us $5.75 for 2 sodas at lunch ($2.50 per can + tip) and it was removed before I said anything = pretty good deal !! Again, the waiters and bartenders know the x1 includes the tip so a few extra bucks as a tip early on = a great week!:p I always tip in the begining!!

We had the x1 on 2 previous cruises and it did include the tip - sometimes a few extra bucks for a tip at the pool bar got us quick refills! Our waiters at dinner brought unlimited bottles of sparkling water and white wine - we went thru plenty + the water and sodas at lunch made it very worth while for us - they left full bottles at dinner so we never had to wait for refills! That was when the price was $11/day = great deal! We're book on a European cruise in 2 weeks and the price went up to $14/day (should still include tip) but we still think it's a good deal - anything over 2 glasses of wine a day is free in my book!!:cool: They mistakenly charge us $5.75 for 2 sodas at lunch ($2.50 per can + tip) and it was removed before I said anything = pretty good deal !! Again, the waiters and bartenders know the x1 includes the tip so a few extra bucks as a tip early on = a great week!:p I always tip in the begining!!

I thought the price should include the tip - but a couple we are sailing with questioned it and I couldn't find any concrete info on this point. We are sailing on the Fortuna 2-3-08 and I know we will get our money out of the X1 package as both husband and I like wine with dinner - and since we are cruising - will more than likely have wine with lunch. And will take your advice and tip early. Thanks so much for your quick reply.

Just got back from Mediterranea. Inquired about X1 on first day. Were told we had to wait until Monday for an answer until Costa offices were open. Got the approval Monday morning at $12.14 per person plus %15 service charge on this price per day. Our package ran Monday through Friday. Package includes unlimited beer, wine, soda, and water during lunch and dinner hours. You can drink by the pool bar on deck 9 or in the buffet restaurant as long as the buffet is serving food (12-2:30). Then during lunch from 2:30-4:30. The drinks are served in smaller glasses then full priced drinks but you can order two drinks at a time per card. During the evening sittings in the restaurant the drinks are served in full sized glasses. Our waiters kept our wine glasses full at all times! Definitely worth the price. The only inconvenience being limited to drinking hours but helped significantly with our bar bills! Once your evening sitting is done the X1 can no longer be used until the following day at lunch.

Just returned from News Years Cruise on the Mediterranea and had the x1 package. I only drink beer and it was well worth it. You can get 2 beers at a time from the bar staff ( walking around in yellow shirts ) during lunch and when you are at dinner just ask your waiter. No problem at all getting a beer. Ray

hello everyone. after reading through this forum i made the step of calling costa for this X1 package, and they were of no help. Can someone tell me how to go about getting this package. thanks

I booked it through my travel agent, but she did say she had to go through several people to get the correct information. If you booked through Costa, call back and try again.

I called the regular Costa reservation number , first to get info and second to actually book it. No run around for me, both times they knew exactly what I was talking about and gave me the same information. Your travel agent makes 0% commission on this by adding it to the file. I can see why they don't always know about it.

Went through my TA who never heard of it. Said I could have gone through Costa. This showed up on my listing today:

Special Services Purchased (pre-paid services)

Picture Description Price Qty Delivery date

BEVERAGE PKG "BY THE GLASS" US$97.72 1 03/15/2008

I’ve read many posts concerning the cost of the X-1 package, and I figure I won’t really know how much til I call. What I want to know is what exactly do you get for your money? Does it include all drinks all the time, from anywhere on the ship? Is it just for meals? Need some particulars.

Please help.

Hi, i have just got off the Costa Concordia in the Eastern Med. We bought the X1 package for my husband only. They never asked for any other family member to show their cards to prove they had a x1 and so long as we were together we all had the free drinks as well! The wines were what they chose but were very good. You had lager to drink also and different sodas to choose from plus bottled water. These unlimited drinks were only available during lunch hours and evening supper times at the main dining rooms and the buffet areas. They are definitely worth it and saved us HEAPS of money. Kath

Other than the X-1 package, does Costa offers any wine package (and $$) on the Baltic 11-nights sailing for those who doesn't drink much, especially soda & beer?

Costa does have various wine packages, that can either be booked before the cruise or on board (alsoby the bottle and by the glass), take a look at the Costa web site:

http://www.costacruise.com/B2C/USA/before_board/services/SpecialServicesCategories.htm

Ron

Hi, i have just got off the Costa Concordia in the Eastern Med. We bought the X1 package for my husband only. They never asked for any other family member to show their cards to prove they had a x1 and so long as we were together we all had the free drinks as well! The wines were what they chose but were very good. You had lager to drink also and different sodas to choose from plus bottled water. These unlimited drinks were only available during lunch hours and evening supper times at the main dining rooms and the buffet areas. They are definitely worth it and saved us HEAPS of money. Kath

How was your cruise besides the X1? Will you be doing a review?

Ron

Hi!

Honestly, there is just so much to talk about from our cruise that i couldn't begin to write a full review. The ship was beautiful. The ports of call were each unique and interesting. Walking down the streets in Ephesus, Turkey we felt like we had been transported back in time. The library was an amazing structure and even more fabulous was the ampitheatre-if you sit at the top you can hear the slightest sounds.(according to my hubby). Egypt had many contrasting sights. If you look up the side streets in Cairo they don't park cars they park camels, donkeys and horses! Watch out for the car park at the pyramids of Ghiza. The camel-riders are like vultures swooping on their prey as soon as the tourists step off their coaches!

Rome was our favourite-ancient history just oozes out of every inch of the city. The vatican museums including the Sistine chapel were out of this world. We had to buy a book about it all to read up on what we had seen as there wasn't enough time. We arrived about noon and there was no queue at all.

We found enough English-speaking people to talk to whilst on board the ship and will miss the few we got to know quite well.

We thought that the international aspect was frustrating at times but we got used to it and accepted it as part of this cruise's experience. The food was very mediterranean but interesting trying out all the new dishes. I'm afraid we can't really recommend many of the desserts though!

They have some whacky events in the Grand Bar Belino with Macho Man and Mr Sexy Legs contests for instance-they were funny though! The main shows were mostly average but the costumes and scenery were generally very good. We felt they needed to improve the choreography.

All in all, a good cruise. Weather was cool but sunny nearly every day except for Rome. Would we go with Costa again? Maybe in the future but we have many other cruise liners to discover yet. Enjoy your cruise.

Kath

Archived