Liberty Europe 2009

lyttleone1977

I asked this over on the Europe board, but no answer yet. I am considering booking a cruise for Northern Europe in 2009 on the Liberty. I have sailed the Liberty before and loved it. This is the big thing though - I am looking at doing it as a single, which I have done before also. I know that I will have to pay a single supplement, but is it worth it to make the trip on my own? I am technically not single, but I love to travel alone which my SI thinks is crazy (but he hates planes and isn't crazy about cruising either). I really want to see these ports, especially St Petersburg (one of my ancestors was Russian), and it has always been my dream to go there. Please, I need some help! Should I book it or not?

sounds like you already have your answer! You love to travel and don't mind doing it alone. Your SI doesn't seem to mind as long as they don't have to go and you have places you want to see! I say absolutely book it, go and fulfill one of your dreams! Good luck!

I guess this is my big thing, I have done the Caribbean alone, which was only 5 days. I am also a single parent, but to keep my sanity I like to do things alone. My SI would go because he loves me, but I know I need space too, and I know these arent his types of ports. I'm just confused. Should I allow myself this indulgance or take the money and do something with my family? Oh, and this trip would act as a present to myself since I would have just finished my Masters degree. I'm so confused!! :confused:

I remember meeting a single cruiser in the dining room on one of my europe cruises. They loved it.

It was a great way to see Europe!

I think 12 days is a great length. With 7 I feel like I just begun. With 12 I feel about right and am ready to head home when done.

The flight over is something else, but it is worth it to have 12 days on a Cruise ship.

Archived