Solo in PV, Mazatlan, Cabo - safety?

Rosebud5t

Hi everyone!

I'm taking my second solo cruise on Feb 10th (Pride) and wondered about the safety in PV, Mazatlan and Cabo. Some people had trouble in Belize on my last cruise, but I wonder if these Mexican ports have the same crime problems? I've read tons of reviews about how great it is to explore these towns outside of the shore excursions booked through the ship, but I want to be safe, too.

Any thoughts or input would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Tammy:)

Hi Tammy,

I have been to all three ports several times and would say that Cabo and PV are very safe for a solo cruiser, especially since you only have a day to explore each you can walk the main streets comfortably and venture off a little way without feeling too creepy! In Mazatlan I have taken the bus out of town to go golfing and I would say I was happy to be on the bus with other cruise travellers and golfers from the ship. The country not far out of town can be a little scary. Taxis in PV are a safe and cheap way to get around , 5.00 will get you pretty much anywhere and driving around is half the fun in PV. You will have a great time!

Tom

Archived