Planning Caribbean Cruise for 1st timers

bauermj

Hello-

I'm planning a 7-day Caribbean cruise for Myself, GF & Best Friend, GF. I have cruised 3 times myself in the Caribbean (Dawn Princess, Voyager of the Seas back in 98-03) and would like to mix in some new places, though I have no problem with visiting a few I've already seen.

We are 26/27 and will be adventurous when at port. We would do at least one boat/snorkel adventure, rent a jeep and explore an island, plus any other excursions that seem great. Also, we would definitely like to have a very nice boat that offers a great cruise experience. Here's what I'm thinking (balcony for each): Any comments? Always appreciated

ranked

1) Crown Princess (April San Juan)

St Thomas (been, would go to St John), St Kitts, Grenada (been), Bonaire, Aruba (been), DayAtSea

2) Adventure of the Seas (April/May San Jaun)

DayAtSea, Aruba (been), Curacao, DayAtSea, St Maarten, St Thomas (been, would go to St John)

3) Grand Princess (April Fort Lauderdale)

DayAtSea, Jamaica (been), Grand Cayman, Cozumel (been), DayAtSea, Princess Cays Bahamas

4) Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas (May Miami); Mariner of the Seas (April/May Port Canaveral)

DayAtSea, Labadee (been), Jamaica (been), Grand Cayman, Cozumel (been), DayAtSea

We just returned from the Crown. Our favorite ship. We love Princess and everything about the Crown. We prefer the alternate itinerary to the one you have listed out of San Jaun. For a spectacular day, book Rumbaba in St. Thomass-worth every penny. They book far in advance. Rumbaba is one of our favorite excursions ever.

We just returned from the Crown. Our favorite ship. We love Princess and everything about the Crown. We prefer the alternate itinerary to the one you have listed out of San Jaun. For a spectacular day, book Rumbaba in St. Thomass-worth every penny. They book far in advance. Rumbaba is one of our favorite excursions ever.

Oops! I should have mentioned the

Sea, Barbados, St Lucia, Antigua, Tortola BVI, St Thomas USVI

itenerary. I agree that it looks very good and is in fact my favorite of all. I simply forgot to put both iteneraries up. Good to hear :)

...We would do at least one boat/snorkel adventure...

All those itineraries look great.

My all time favorite boating/snorkeling excursions are Barbados (not on your list the private excursion Silver Moon); St. Kitts (fan-ta-sea catamaran trip - might be called something different on your lines - it was through the ship - sailing, snorkeling and to a beach for lunch on Nevis - fantastic!!!); St. Thomas (Google or search the St. Thomas forums for "day sails" - several operators that take you on a wonderful day sail from Red Hook to some St. John snorkeling spots, lunch and return on a sailboat).

Grand Cayman - you must try a Stingray City sail/snorkeling tour on one of the private operators listed in the Grand Cayman forum - this isn't as much as a favorite as the other three due to larger crowds, less scenic and not much partying on the boat, but a great trip.

We did the Crown last April (the first one listed). Definitely a great cruise.

I agree, go to St, John for the snorkeling. Trunk Bay was great.

St. Kitts is beautiful. Catch a cab over to South Friars beach first thing for snorkeling. Then you will still have time to get back to the ship for a shower and lunch, then back out for a private island tour with the cab again. Ask for a young man named Samson. He's a GREAT guide/cabbie, very reasonably priced. He took us to South Friars, then came back for us at a specified time.....waited while we got cleaned up and had a bite to eat, then gave us the grand tour of the island. Have him take you to the local bakery for fresh croissants......absolutely sinful! Tell him Joe and Lisa from Denver said Hi! :D

Grenada is still recovering. We did an island tour excursion. It was OK. The island needs a few more years to rebuild from the hurricanes and the war. :(

Bonaire is another great place for snorkeling. Just grab a cab and go to what they refer to as "Airport Beach". It's right at the end of the runway, just a few miles from the ship. FANTASTIC snorkeling. :D DO NOT let the cabbie talk you into going to the other side of the island to snorkel. Very nice beach there, but nothing to see under the water.

Aruba....is Aruba. We love it. We always rent a car and drive to wherever we feel like going. The Crown is a very nice ship. Great service.

You can check out some of our pics at:

Have a wonderful trip!

Joe

Archived