Ta?!?!?!?!?!

I am getting married at Port Canaveral April 09. I contacted a TA to help arrange travel for everyone. We have family from everywhere! I have never been on a cruise before so I am pretty clueless.

I asked the TA about the group prices. He told me that we pay up front then RCCL gives him the money back after the fact. He said he can either give the money to everyone or just to me since I am the ‘group leader’. I am not comfortable getting everyone’s discount but he made it sound that is the way it is normally handled. Has anyone else encountered this?

He was also pushing the higher priced cabins. I would like a better cabin but I don’t need the best. I have never worked with a TA so I am not sure that this is the norm.

I am getting married at Port Canaveral April 09. I contacted a TA to help arrange travel for everyone. We have family from everywhere! I have never been on a cruise before so I am pretty clueless.

I asked the TA about the group prices. He told me that we pay up front then RCCL gives him the money back after the fact. He said he can either give the money to everyone or just to me since I am the ‘group leader’. I am not comfortable getting everyone’s discount but he made it sound that is the way it is normally handled. Has anyone else encountered this?

He was also pushing the higher priced cabins. I would like a better cabin but I don’t need the best. I have never worked with a TA so I am not sure that this is the norm.

I am working with a travel agent who is local. My guests have to pay a $200 deposit to hold their cabin. It is my first experience with a TA but it sounds a little abnormal in my opinion any way...

This does not sound right. My guests had to pay a deposit through TA for their cabins. Maybe that is how the TA likes to run his business. I don't have much experience with TAs. My wedding cruise is my first time using one. Good luck!

I can give you some advice about what to look for in a TA. I learned the hard way as a result of my wedding cruise. If you are interested in chatting, email me at sasproul at gmail dot com. There are things you should know before you commit to any one TA.

Most of the cruise lines offer credit per so many passengers and, as the group leader, you would have the say in how it is used like he said.

From my cruise experience it actually sounds legitimate to me.

We were told that if some many cabins (8 maybe) were booked we could get our cabin free. OR we could take a flat discount up front for everyone. We decided to take the discount to share with everyone. This was all determined before we paid however. Each person had to have the $200 deposit and the balance due by a certain date.

Archived