Quick suggestions for hotel San Pedro please

Joby

Hi,

we are leaving Saturday, January 5 for a Celebrity cruise from San Pedro port. We arrive LAX on Friday around 2 pm. There are 3 of us--my sister and I and our 78 year old Mom who uses a cane/wheelchair to get around.

We had arrangements made for a family member to pick us up from LAX on Friday, stay overnight with her and then she was to take us to the port on Saturday.

There's been a change and it's not going to work out.

We're now stuck with finding a hotel and transportation from LAX to hotel on Friday and then transportation from the hotel to the San Pedro port on Saturday.

Could anyone give quick suggestions as to hotel, transportation, etc. We would like to keep our expenses to a minimum, but want clean, decent and reliable hotel and transportation at this last minute.

Well I can't vouche for it yet but I'm staying at the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro tomorrow night. I got it for $65 on priceline bidding a 3* in San Pedro. That seems to be the "going rate" for that bid. A lot of people are winning that. It's supposed to be a nice hotel with a free shuttle to the port.

Well I can't vouche for it yet but I'm staying at the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro tomorrow night. I got it for $65 on priceline bidding a 3* in San Pedro. That seems to be the "going rate" for that bid. A lot of people are winning that. It's supposed to be a nice hotel with a free shuttle to the port.

Two options:

Stay in a LAX area hotel that provides free airport to hotel shuttle, then take a shuttle service (like http://www.supershuttle.com) from the hotel to the port (about $17/per person, make reservations NOW) the morning of your cruise. Unless there is a wreck, Saturday AM traffic should be minimal, and it should take only about 20-25 minutes.

OR

Take SuperShuttle to a hotel in San Pedro (if you can get reservations reasonably) such as the Crown Plaza for about $17/person from LAX, then take the free hotel shuttle from there to the cruise ship port after 11AM. Expect it to take at least an hour to get to San Pedro at the time you indicated you will be arriving (peak rush hour on the LA freeways).

Archived