How to get from LAX to Norwegian Star

3 Dog Night

My wife and I will be flying into LAX and staying in a hotel near the airport. What is the best way/most economical to get from the airport to the cruise ship? Is it possible to rent a car at the airport and drop it off by the cruise terminal? Taxi? Shuttle? Any advice would be appreciated.

We're renting a car and dropping it off for an additional $25. Another couple on our roll call are doing the same with a different agency for the same charge. For some you can do this online, others you have to call the agency.

On our way back, we're using Prime Time Shuttle at a cost of $16 each. :)

For our Princess cruise out of San Pedro 3 years ago, we rented a car at the airport thru Hertz (their airport location is actually just down the road from the Renaissance, an easy walk in fact). Then we dropped it off on embarkation day at their Lomita office and took a cab from there, for which they will credit your bill $10. There was no additional fee, in fact I got a fab deal on the web so the whole thing cost us $15!

We're using the Super shuttle (4 of us). My Entertainment book has a coupon in it for $2 odd per dieection or $5 off a private car (which we may take instead, since the 4 of us would share the price).

In case this info helps anyone..to get back to the airport area (we are staying overnight the last night) we are taking a ships tour of LA, and it drops us at the airport. I found a hotel in the area in the Entertainment book, that picks us up at the airport, and returns us at no charge the next day.

you can rent a enterprise car..they have a shuttle infront of the terminal..

and will take you to the facility to pick up the car..enterprise s san pedro

office is across the street from the san pedro pier..

if your just spending a single night may is suggest that you get a hotel in

san pedro that offer s a shuttle to pier..

the cheapest way to get to san pedro would be thru one of the shuttle services..or there s a choice of cab s to choose from..

google LAX and you ll be able to find a map of the airport along with the

service s for travelers..

We're using the Super shuttle (4 of us). My Entertainment book has a coupon in it for $2 odd per dieection or $5 off a private car (which we may take instead, since the 4 of us would share the price).

this is what we used... I stayed in Long beach the day before and they dropped us right off at the hotel. less than renting a car

When we cruised from Long Beach we had a strech limo pick us up from the hotel and gave us a tour of LA then dropped us off at the port. Cost was $55 and there were four of us so we spilit it. It was wonderful, full bar and sight seeing also. We made that part of the vacation trip!

I would do it again in a minute.

you can rent a enterprise car..they have a shuttle infront of the terminal..

and will take you to the facility to pick up the car..enterprise s san pedro

office is across the street from the san pedro pier..

if your just spending a single night may is suggest that you get a hotel in

san pedro that offer s a shuttle to pier..

the cheapest way to get to san pedro would be thru one of the shuttle services..or there s a choice of cab s to choose from..

google LAX and you ll be able to find a map of the airport along with the

service s for travelers..

Probably the really most economical but somewhat confusing: rent a car from Enterprise, they normally do not charge a drop off fee if you dropping it off at the terminal. They on your return use a shuttle or the Star bus. The shuttle is cheaper, but not as convenient. (takes longer) I also would suggest you stay in San Pedro if you are talking about just 1 night. Try priceline, we got The Crown Plaza for $84 including all taxes. A taxi will be the most expensive way to go.

Nita

Which Star February Cruise are you guys on?

My wife and I will be flying into LAX and staying in a hotel near the airport. What is the best way/most economical to get from the airport to the cruise ship? Is it possible to rent a car at the airport and drop it off by the cruise terminal? Taxi? Shuttle? Any advice would be appreciated.

Archived