Who is the best dive operator in Dominica?

scubadiver888

• 2 weeks later...

We have a scuba cruise scheduled for later this year, and a group forum with a lot of good information about the ports of call and dive operators. I realize not all our ports will be the same and I know you are going on a different ship, but much of the posted information is scuba specific, so you should find it helpful. The site is updated Monday through Friday with new information, so we get a lot of visitors.

Don't hesitate to email me if you want more input.

• 3 weeks later...
Who is the best dive operator in Dominica and why?

I'm collecting information on all the ports I'll be diving and posting a summary.

Thanks,

Darrell

Fisrt they are few. Second don't miss diving there. We used Dive Dominica and were pleased.

Bob

I'm collecting information on all the ports I'll be diving and posting a summary.

Thanks,

Darrell

Fisrt they are few. Second don't miss diving there. We used Dive Dominica and were pleased. Coral is very prestine

Bob

We love diving with Nature Island Divers.( http://www.natureislanddive.com ) Karen meets us at the pier, we drive 25 minutes or so to her shop in Soufriere and the diving is always superb -- not too far off shore around the pinnacles, small groups, nice easy covered boat. I think it's the best diving in the Caribbean (well... right up there with Bonaire and Curacao). Viz 100+. They provide transportation back to the ship (no charge) as well. We have dove with Dive Dominica, but found they tend to go to the same worn out spots. If it was Dive Dominica or don't dive of course we'd use them, but try Nature Island Divers if at all possible.:) Be sure to confirm via email a few days before you arrive.

First you need to determine where the ship is docking - Cabrits or Roseau?

In Cabrits I used Cabrits Dive. They picked us up with their boat at the dock. Contact Helen at http://www.cabritsdive.com They were very good.

In Roseau I used AlDive & W.A.T.E.R. Sports Inc. They picked up on the pier and drove us (no charge) to the dive shop. By the way, the cruise ship was 90 minutes late in arriving and when I finally got off the dive van was still waiting - I was very impressed. Contact Samantha at http://www.aldive.com By waiting all that time, they certainly earned my loyalty.

The diving in Dominica is not to be missed, lots of colorful coral and nice selection of fish.

We went with Nature Island Dive last time we were in Dominica, and had a wonderful trip. Originally, we thought our Galaxy cruise going to dock in Roseau, so booked with them again.

As it turns out, we will dock in Cabrits, so Karen recommended Cabrits Dive Center, and we are going with them.

Will post when we get back!

Wendy

Thanks,

Darrell

IMHO - Dive Dominica is outstanding! If you get the chance to go - do so.

I was lucky enough to stay at their resort and dive operation for a week with a group of other divers.

I did my open water certification there. The staff is fantastic - Reggie, Jefferson and Stinger were awesome! They helped a first time diver (who is over 50 years young) feel comfortable and helped to guide me to be confident in and out of the water - especially getting back onto the boat fully geared up. :eek: We worked out a routine and with a little TLC on their part - I was able to do it!

The owner of Dive Dominica takes great pride in ensuring everyone is having a good time and that the operation is top notch. Safety for the divers and respect for the marine life are the #1 priorities.

We dove on a wall that looked like something from outer space. I was with my instructor and can remember looking down seeing my son (advanced diver) at 80+ feet and thinking - that it was the edge of the earth and marveled at the drop off. The sights were stunning!

I hope you get to use Dive Dominica. You can feel confident in their experience and putting your safety first. :)

Archived