Someone clear up "CC" definition

Minneapolis

Is it Captains Club or Cruise Critic?

I have seen a post or two, or eleventy billion that list a fabled "CC meeting".

Which one is it, a bunch of Captains Club members getting together, or a bunch of Cruise Critics?

Or is it a hybrid of the two, a super league of Captains Club members who are also Crusie Critics by day, and by night they fight the dreaded norovirus.

thanks

On all of my past cruises a CC meeting was for Cruise Critic members. On Celebrity you would sign up for the CC meeting while on the roll call boards for your particlar cruise and Celebrity would put it together with a date and time sometime after your sail away and notify you by invitation left in your cabin.

I understand that is not automatically happening on Azamara. I've heard that if someone "asks" for a CC meeting the CD would try and put one together and that several have been done that way.

Basically it is a way to meet people that you have met on these boards. It has been a wonderfull experience for us as we have cruised several times with people we have met on these boards and at these meetings on board ship.

Lucy

Another "CC" For Cruise Critics belonging to the Captain's Club Sailing in Concierge Class on Century Class Ships with Celebrity Cruises:

From Celebrity Cruises Website

"CC Concierge Class Features:

• Floor-to-ceiling glass-paneled door
  • Two lower beds convertible to queen-size
  • Sofa bed with sitting area
  • 23" LCD-HD Television
  • Wireless internet access
  • Veranda (Available May 2006)"

On all of my past cruises a CC meeting was for Cruise Critic members. On Celebrity you would sign up for the CC meeting while on the roll call boards for your particlar cruise and Celebrity would put it together with a date and time sometime after your sail away and notify you by invitation left in your cabin.

I understand that is not automatically happening on Azamara. I've heard that if someone "asks" for a CC meeting the CD would try and put one together and that several have been done that way.

Basically it is a way to meet people that you have met on these boards. It has been a wonderfull experience for us as we have cruised several times with people we have met on these boards and at these meetings on board ship.

Lucy

It iwas a great way to meet your fellow posters, and if you go through the correct channels on the ship...you get a lot more ...a chat with almost the entire upper staff of the Quest in our case, all you need to do is collect the names and cabin numbers of Cruise Critic members on your cruise, those that wish to participate mind you. This is best done through the Roll Call feature of Cruise Critic. We had 39 signed up for our meeting. The Guest Relations (Actually the person we contacted was the person who sells future cruises in lobby, it just so happened it was her job to do this,) and they will contact you about a time & Day and location. It is NOT a party with bar drinks and such...but they supply coffee, juice , lemonade etc., and pastries, will probably have several staff members to go over any questions you have. It really was very informative as well as fun meeting all the people you've been posting to! We had ALL the Staff heads plus the Capt. walked in and stayed for at least 15 min. ! Answered all the questions he could. (including why he felt it too dangerous to tender into Jamaica, and explained the tropical storm that caused the wave problem 12/9 on our cruise!) Takes very little work on your part to collect those names...they did the rest!

Napi's Mom -- we have a roll call for our March 1st cruise, but sadly, I think there are only six of us on board:eek: We are less than 8 weeks away from this cruise and no one else has been on our roll call -- so either our fellow passengers are unaware of Cruise Critic or they are shy;)

Lucy

Archived