Diamond Plus

daveky

daveky, thanks for the link. on our last cruise they said they had just been told that Diamond plus had just arived but they had not had time to go through the info as of yet. It will be very interesting to see what it boils down to.

That's the way I read it, more of advantage at 49+ cruises. I've been divorced for 5 years and sail alot by myself. They had the 150% single

cruise price at that time, then went to the 200% price whether sailed alone

or with another. Guess I have to cruise around 20+ more cruises to get back

what I had before. LOL

I'm going to spend more time reading the differences in Diamond and this category later but again at first glance don't see alot of big differences,

(free gift etc).

Dine with an officer would have been nice. Dined with the Captain several

times and Staff Captain. Sat at the Chief Engineers table and Cruise Directors table for a week before. But this was because I sailed so much, kept

in touch between cruises and they knew when I was coming back on ship.

Anyway cruise for the relaxation, that's the main thing.

Would like to see complinetary cabin upgrades if available on certain sailings.

TA told me the Hotel Manager on the ship usually takes care of this perk.

Dave

It looks like they should take another look at what some of the competition is doing in their programs.

I agree. Not only the competition but hotel programs as well. High level customers with Hilton and Starwood are automatically upgraded to a better room (if available) upon checkin. I'm not talking about giving a suite to someone who booked and inside, but a one type upgrade (i.e. inside to oceanview) would be a meaningful perk. And what can it hurt if those rooms are available?

Can you tell I'm a diamond who has never been upgraded?:D

I believe that the old days of upgrades are about over. I have received free upgrades quite a few time in my 43 cruises. I think the last one was about to 6 years ago. This has been the case with most of the lines recently. They are now controling things better and "sell upgrades"

What a disappointment. I would have thought that passengers who had sailed with RCI 25+ times would get a few more amenities than this. It appears they just kept the regular diamond benefits for the diamond plus members and probably reduced the benfits to regular diamond members. At the rate RCI is going, I will never reach 49 cruises to "enjoy" the enhanced benefits. Princess and Holland America offer much better benefits after just a few cruises. RCI - you had better look up and see what your competition is doing - you are getting left behind in the dust!

A Diamond Plus member.

What a disappointment. I would have thought that passengers who had sailed with RCI 25+ times would get a few more amenities than this. It appears they just kept the regular diamond benefits for the diamond plus members and probably reduced the benfits to regular diamond members. At the rate RCI is going, I will never reach 49 cruises to "enjoy" the enhanced benefits. Princess and Holland America offer much better benefits after just a few cruises. RCI - you had better look up and see what your competition is doing - you are getting left behind in the dust!

A Diamond Plus member.

Could you elaborate on the benefits offered by HAL and Princess?

The benefits are too numerous for me to try to compare each, but for an example, on Princess you get unlimited free internet after five cruises. On RCI you receive 20 minutes if you remember to turn in your coupon. On HAL I have never received anything but exactly the dining assignment I requested - even when I booked three weeks out. On RCI, I have never received the dining assignment I requested, even booking a year out. Check out their websites for more information on their past guest programs and I'm certain you will agree that RCI needs to step up their efforts with their Past Guest program in order to be competitive. I'm afraid that my old favorite is slipping and the competition is gaining.

Have the same thoughts, since the Diamond Plus status info is only on the

UK C & A website maybe there is more to come. Got an email from C & A on August 28th about my Diamond Plus status which they show I qualify. Said

they would be mailing me info on the new membership benefits and allow 6 to 8 weeks. So was surprised to see the info on the UK website and on no other

listings on their international C & A websites.

Hopefully they're still working on it. Compared the Diamond and Diamond plus and really no major differences I'm interested in. Just a few at the 48+ credits. Like the above post with another cruise line for free laundry service

with 10+ sailings, that would be a nice perk.

Will have to just wait and see.

Dave

24 cruises and I get a special lapel pin. Wow - :mad: - I can hardly wait to attain that level. Really, the benefits are a joke. You would think they would offer something more substantial to people that cruise so many times. Not even a mention of a complimentary cabin upgrade or a free shore excursion. I don't see anything here that is going to inspire customer loyalty. I am curious though as to what the "exclusive bath kit" contains. Will it have softer than normal toilet paper.....:rolleyes:

Archived