LIVE FROM THE DECKS OF: BILLIANCE OF THE SEAS - Let's Compare it to X!

tuggers

Glad you are going to try X! I'm sure you will like it. Also glad your experience with Chops was a good one as I heard from many people on my cruise that they were very disappointed in it. Must have been a temporary thing.

Sorry, no CL on X!

What ship are you considering? That will give me a better idea of the cabin type. I do think (can't believe I'm saying this) with some exceptions, X has a LITTLE bigger cabins and showers. Not much you understand, but a little. On some ships.

Thanks. We are looking at doing a 12 night Med. leaving from Venice so I guess it would be the Summit. Is this an older ship? We are trying to figure out if our Diamond status with RCI would give us Elite benefits, e.g. one cabin upgrades, with X. We just got off the BOS this morning and as you see I am deep into digging info on X. LOL.

Appreciate your time.

Kathy:)

I'm just off the Connie in October and it's a wonderful ship (also Millenium class). Posts on the boards have been saying that Summit is looking a little tired. don't know this personally but you may want to search the forum for Summit and see what you find.

The cat 1's on Summit are about 190 square feet and the cat 2's are 170. The balcony is almost the same - 1's are 41 sq ft, 2's are 38. Of course there are always special cabins that have more room and bigger balconies. Those cabins can usually be found by searching on these boards or just asking. For instance, I was in 7094, a D1 on B. The cabin was not larger but the balcony accomodated two chairs and a lounge chair. Considerably bigger than normal.

Upgrades on X are only a 'paper' transaction, meaning that you book one catagory and you pay for one catagory cheaper which is usually only a very small amount. The upgrades are also only good on insides and ocean views, not balconies.

Thanks again Tugger. After reading all we could about the Summit today; we've decided to stay with RCI for our next Med. cruise and take the 12 night from Barcelona on the Brilliance. Love the CL and Angela rocks as a bartender! :D Hope to snag D1 9256 or perhaps JS 1100.

Kathy:)

Gail,

I only had one bad experience with X and it was on our last Century cruise. It had to do with disembarking and how horrid I was treated. I realise that it had very little to do with the ships crew, but with the crew that runs the disembarkment. You never know what hnadicapped people go through till you become handicapped!

Freddie

Freddie, we juist got off Brilliance and my husband had a scooter too. Having the scooter (which we had rented from a company that services the cruiselines) was a life saver. Getting around the ship was sometimes tricky. MOST people were extremely helpful in terms of getting on and off elevators but there were some who stood like "bumps on the wall" and totally blocked getting off or on! You try to shake your head and laugh when what you'd really rather do it scream! Sometimes I'd tell them if they knew how dangerous he was they'd get out of the way!

The disembarcation was pretty much a disaster but if you have your own scooter you will probably sail off. We were told to go to the dining room to wait for our color to be called and to be taken off in a wheel chair. Ha! Lots of luck. We arrived there and found probably about 600+ people waiting with no one from the cruise ship to help you or expedite the process. We finally learned that there was a sum total of two wheelchairs taking the "dining room people" off and that one woman had waited 1 1/2 hours! We eventually started out "on foot" to the Pacifica Theater to wait for our color to be called and for him to simply walk off. Fortunately, after we left the cruise ship and were standing in a long line to get inside the terminal a man came by with a wheel chair (not one of the ones that was even going to the dining room - I have no idea where this man was going!) and we way-laid him. He was our life saver. But I'd have to say that Brilliance got a very low rating from us in terms of their process. Unfortunately I'd already turned in our comment card! Ha!

Happy sailing. We were on Jewel about 3 years ago and loved it.

Archived