Packing for Wind Spirit

Xoe

Any words of wisdom from you who have taken the Wind Spirit Caribbean cruise? Any special "must have" items for that itinerary? Is insect repellant necessary? Are we likely to need a rain jacket or poncho? Umbrella? A sweater for evenings?

Weather forecasts appear to call for rain showers for the next several days. Are showers there likely to pass quickly, or might there be all-day rain?

Any input from you experienced cruisers will be appreciated! We'll be arriving there on the 10th, and boarding Wind Spirit on the 12th, so packing is underway.

My only experiences in that part of the world were two wonderful vacations in Belize. There, usually rain came in a quick squall, then was gone -- but our first time there, on our first two days it rained HARD nonstop. Oh yes, it was "warm rain", but really bucketing.

Still hoping for tips on "must take" items for my suitcase!

Yes.. I would definately pack some sort of rain gear. Here's why....

On my 7 day cruise to the Caribbean on NCL, it rained every single day. Not just a little sprinkle.. it literally POURED all 7 days all day long. It does happen.

However.. rain was predicted on my recent 7 day cruise on Windstar last month. I was prepared for the worst, and it was beautiful and sunny every single day.

There's no way of knowing. Be prepared... just in case.

I would bring a sweater because the dining room tends to get cold. I didn't see a single bug when I was there.

Sometimes I think packing insect repellent means you'll see no bugs -- and packing raingear means you'll see no rain. So I'll take both!

Curious question: what month was it when you had rain every day on your NCL Caribbean cruise? The weather forecast for our arrival at STT next Thursday (1/9) looks improved over earlier in the week, so maybe the rain will be out of that system by then.

Thanks for the tip for a sweater for the dining room.

We were on WindSpirit RT 12/3/07 cruise. Weather forecast was for rain/showers all week, and I posted on CC for rainy day alternatives (not too many suggestions). Well our week was partly sunny, with frequent rain showers on some days- our day in st john, it rained torrents for about 5 minutes each hour we were at the beach (trunk bay). Our day in st barts was mostly cloudy, and occasional showers- i regretted the expensive taxi ride and beach chair rental- although our 1st quote for beach rentals was 50 -75 euro (we walked down the beach and rented chairs only for 10 euro each (umbrellas extra). But, we left after a few hours due to steady rain. So- my suggestion is - enjoy the cruise and islands- even if it rains, it is still warm- I took a jacket and sweatshirt and never wore them until i went back to CT. The snorklers were always enjoying it- no matter the weather!

Archived