significance of 'no change in flight number'

commonsense2

Are you booked on a DL flight number from Atlanta to Gatwick and an EK flight number from Gatwick to Dubai?

If so, I can't understand this: both of these are non-stop flights and other flight number changes wouldn't enter into the equation.

[Edited to add:]

Are you booked on DL12 and EK12? If so, then I think that Travelocity's notation is probably just a bug, based on the fact that both flight numbers are 12. My guess is that the Travelocity software is based on the American practice of leaving off the two-character airline code at the beginning of the flight number, referring only to full airline name (sometimes) and then "flight 12". If the code had been written to recognise the full flight number, it would know that "DL12" is a different flight from "EK12".

Are you booked on a DL flight number from Atlanta to Gatwick and an EK flight number from Gatwick to Dubai?

If so, I can't understand this: both of these are non-stop flights and other flight number changes wouldn't enter into the equation.

[Edited to add:]

Are you booked on DL12 and EK12? If so, then I think that Travelocity's notation is probably just a bug, based on the fact that both flight numbers are 12. My guess is that the Travelocity software is based on the American practice of leaving off the two-character airline code at the beginning of the flight number, referring only to full airline name (sometimes) and then "flight 12". If the code had been written to recognise the full flight number, it would know that "DL12" is a different flight from "EK12".

yes, it says dl 12 and ek 12.

i use a lot of the different search engines, and i've not seen a ticket with that notation before. i was just curious. thanks.

Archived