Genesis

Yarco

I have been asked by a lady whom i work with, & who has just completed a back to back caribbean cruises on Liberty of the seas,to ask a question regarding the Genesis project. She was wondering if this ship when completed will be offering any cruises out of European ports? & as i understand she will at first be based out of Ft Lauderdale any info CC members may have will be gratefully recieved.

Regards

Yarco :)

I have been asked by a lady whom i work with, & who has just completed a back to back caribbean cruises on Liberty of the seas,to ask a question regarding the Genesis project. She was wondering if this ship when completed will be offering any cruises out of European ports? & as i understand she will at first be based out of Ft Lauderdale any info CC members may have will be gratefully recieved.

Regards

Yarco :)

As I understand it, there will be an immediate European trip when she does the transatlantic repositioning to Florida. I'm debating on that trip right now.

I don't think anyone outside of the top officials at RCI know the answer to your question. Sometimes new ships have made the crossing with passengers but often they have come across without any passengers, especially if the ship is the first of a new class and they can use the time to familiarize the staff with their new surroundings and conduct more training without worrying about passengers. I don't believe that it will be doing cruises within Europe but again, until there is a formal announcement anything said here is pure speculation. Fun to read but not necessarily anything to bet the house on.:)

As I understand it, there will be an immediate European trip when she does the transatlantic repositioning to Florida. I'm debating on that trip right now.
I doubt if any paying passengers will be on that first transatlantic trip - it will just be a shake down cruise with a few of the big-cheeses aboard and perhaps some very specially invited guests [like 100+ C&A cruisers].

I doubt if any paying passengers will be on that first transatlantic trip - it will just be a shake down cruise with a few of the big-cheeses aboard and perhaps some very specially invited guests [like 100+ C&A cruisers].

Our Liberty waitstaff talked very fondly of their first cruise with just the crew on the Liberty - they got to get familiar with the ship and enjoy all the features, etc. It sounded like they had a great time and I think that is a great way for the staff to get to know each other and the ship!

Archived