Can anyone tell me what the cabin categories mean?

lola4795

I'm looking at the deck plans on the Pearl. I don't quite understand the coding behind the categories. For instance a ocean view room with a picture window has several different categories (DD, CC, HH).

Is there a difference in the rooms between these categories?

Most of the balcony, ocean view, and inside cabins are the same size, just on different decks. Since amidships is the favorite location, they rate a higher category and/or price. The higher the deck they rate a higher category and/or price too. The suites forward and aft are larger cabins, and likewise the higher decks rate a higher category and/or price also. Usually three categories for most cabins per deck. Its simple really, the cabins are priced per demand.

Instead of calling it deck 4 the cruise line may call it category DD.

The higher the aphanumeric, the higher the deck and the higher the price.

They will also use the category to describe outside cabin, cabins with balconies etc.

Usually deck 4 is the lowest deck for pasengers but is also the nosiest with engine noise and is generally the deck that passengers disembark when getting off at each port.

I always take a look at the ships decks (on their websites) and make a decision based on price and where everything is.

Hope this helps

just remember a higher deck/cat cabin is not always better... if you talkt o a more experienced cruiser... I would rather be in a E or D cat room with nothing above or below other then cabins, then in a C with pool deck above or resturant/theater below. just me thought... I look for cabin cost and location, and pick waht works best for us!!!

Archived