Paradise: SKIP LYONS

Pride: JEFF BRONSON

Sensation: PAUL SANTLEY

Splendor: JEN BAXTER

Spirit: CHRIS ROBERTS

Triumph: RYAN FITZGERALD

Valor: CHRIS JEFFERSON

Victory: MALCOLM BURN

Glory CD is Butch (Yah?) Begovich...........He is the BEST!!!

Steve Knisley is our all-time favorite Cruise Director. During embarkation, he personally greeted guests as they boarded the ship.At the conclusion of every show he was at the rear of the Taj Mahal theater and personally thanked guests for attending, and at the conclusion of the cruise during disembarkation he personally thanked passengers for cruising with Carnival as they left the ship. A very personable guy that always seemed to be around - interacting with passengers.:)

Conquest: WEE JIMMY

Destiny: JORGE SOLDANO

Ecstasy: STEVE CASSEL

Elation: STEWART DUNN

Fantasy: BIG TEX

Fascination: TREVOR BLOCK

Freedom: NOORTJE DENTENEER

Glory: BUTCH BEGOVITCH

Holiday: TORY SECOY

Imagination: Karl with a K

Inspiration: RISA BARNES

Legend: TINA NOBLE

Liberty: STEVE KNISLEY

Miracle: BRENT MITCHELL

Pride: JEFF BRONSON

Splendor: JEN BAXTER

Any recent Glory cruisers know how long Butch will be onboard? About to book for January and looks like most people here seem to like him.

It is so weird how people have different opinions. We thought Butch was the worst cruise director we have had. Maybe I missed something.

Well, after reading many of these "CD" posts and threads, I never envisioned actually chiming in on one. While I thought Malcolm Burn was awesome on Victory a couple of years ago, and Chris Roberts was "OK" last year, I now understand the value of a great CD. We just sailed Fascination out of Jax, and IMO Trevor Block wouldn't even make a good asst. CD. Many aspects of a cruise lay squarely on the shoulders of the CD whether they personally attend to the task or not, and this was the most inept staff that we've experienced. We never saw Trevor out of the main show lounge, and never saw him actually speak to anyone not on the staff. (Not that we followed him all week, lol). Go ahead and get out the flame throwers, but I just thought Trevor was terrible. Maybe he was having a bad week. Don't get me wrong, that didn't in any way ruin our cruise, but it sure didn't add any value either. I also doubt that we'll be concerned who the CD will be when booking our next cruise, which we'll be doing this week.

Well, after reading many of these "CD" posts and threads, I never envisioned actually chiming in on one. While I thought Malcolm Burn was awesome on Victory a couple of years ago, and Chris Roberts was "OK" last year, I now understand the value of a great CD. We just sailed Fascination out of Jax, and IMO Trevor Block wouldn't even make a good asst. CD. Many aspects of a cruise lay squarely on the shoulders of the CD whether they personally attend to the task or not, and this was the most inept staff that we've experienced. We never saw Trevor out of the main show lounge, and never saw him actually speak to anyone not on the staff. (Not that we followed him all week, lol). Go ahead and get out the flame throwers, but I just thought Trevor was terrible. Maybe he was having a bad week. Don't get me wrong, that didn't in any way ruin our cruise, but it sure didn't add any value either. I also doubt that we'll be concerned who the CD will be when booking our next cruise, which we'll be doing this week.

We have never cruised with Trevor Block....but since most of what Cruise Directors do is behind the scenes....a good one or bad one is reflected more in the efficiency of the staff. (or lack of efficiency) The Cruise Director is the quarterback of the team....so to speak.

You don't know you had a good CD until you get a bad one.

As far as personalities go....(someone asked why other people may have really liked a CD that they did not like)... no flames....not everyone connects with all people. It is understandable that a person may just not connect with a CD.

In all our years, we have only had one CD that we were disappointed in. Thank goodness we have only had him once.

We are dependent on the Entertainment Staff to handle some special needs our son with Autism has...so we get some first hand experience on what the CD does. And one bad one after all these years is pretty good odds!!

We have never cruised with Trevor Block....but since most of what Cruise Directors do is behind the scenes....a good one or bad one is reflected more in the efficiency of the staff. (or lack of efficiency) The Cruise Director is the quarterback of the team....so to speak.

You don't know you had a good CD until you get a bad one.

As far as personalities go....(someone asked why other people may have really liked a CD that they did not like)... no flames....not everyone connects with all people. It is understandable that a person may just not connect with a CD.

In all our years, we have only had one CD that we were disappointed in. Thank goodness we have only had him once.

We are dependent on the Entertainment Staff to handle some special needs our son with Autism has...so we get some first hand experience on what the CD does. And one bad one after all these years is pretty good odds!!

You say a CD's job is behind the scenes. I don't believe this for one minute. We have gotten to know all of our CDs and loved their behavior.

You say a CD's job is behind the scenes. I don't believe this for one minute. We have gotten to know all of our CDs and loved their behavior.

Please read it again.... what I said was:

"since most of what Cruise Directors do is behind the scenes"

Yes, people see the "public stuff" they do....but cruisers may or may not be aware (especially newbies) the tremendous work load they have "behind the scenes".

To someone who does not know better...it would appear that the Cruise Director just pops on stage from time to time during the course of a cruise and maybe walks along the Promenade occasionally MCing an event from time to time.

We have several CDs who we are blessed to call friends...who we have sailed with since they were Social Hosts..... and we keep in touch even when we are not sailing with them. They (with the exception of one who I will not name) are a FABULOUS GROUP OF FOLKS!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Fantasy: JEREMY MAYES

Imagination: Karl with a K

Legend:

Liberty: STEVE KNISLEY

Miracle: BRENT MITCHELL

Pride: MARK PRICE

Splendor: GOOSE NEUMANN

Steve Knisley is our all-time favorite Cruise Director. During embarkation, he personally greeted guests as they boarded the ship.At the conclusion of every show he was at the rear of the Taj Mahal theater and personally thanked guests for attending, and at the conclusion of the cruise during disembarkation he personally thanked passengers for cruising with Carnival as they left the ship. A very personable guy that always seemed to be around - interacting with passengers.:)

I think every CD should greet the guests when coming on and leaving. On our first cruise we did not even know who our CD was until we went to the port info talks. :(

I think every CD should greet the guests when coming on and leaving. On our first cruise we did not even know who our CD was until we went to the port info talks. :(

Can you imagine shaking the hands of 3,000 people? The CD has other responsibilities without having to be there to say hello and goodbye to each passenger. I assume you didnt' go to the first night show? That's when they introduce the CD. I find it interesting that you need the CD to greet you. It's nice that one has done it, but it's not required of them.

Hi,

I'm sorry I'm not very good at all of this. Last month when I was looking for a cruise we decided to go with the Freedom thinking TODD WHITTMER would be the cruise director in Jan 2009. I now see that has changed but it that temporary? We enjoyed him so much on our first cruise and did not like our last cruise director AT ALL. Can someone tell me if they like the Cruise director NOORTJE DENTENEER? Todd was so fun and did lots of stuff off stage with all the cruisers, we were wondering where he was off to now? I'm about to buy tickets so it's decision time and I'm second guessing my pick without Todd.

Thanks so much!!!

Jan

Janene, I am with you.

I will be heading out on the Freedom this Xmas (3 weeks) and I was under the impression that Todd is the official CD and Noortje was an assistant. I had Todd on my Liberty cruise a couple years ago, and I really enjoyed his personality. I haven't heard anything good about Noortje, so I hope it isn't true. Anyone been on the Freedom lately?

Fantasy: BIG TEX

Imagination: TINA NOBLE

Legend: SHAWN BUSSEY