Any one get married onboard? Please share.

smiseel

My daughter was married on a Carnival cruise, it was very nice. The staff got us on the ship early before anyone else, so we had time to get dress. They had the wedding in the Library fixed all up with flowers. After we went to a different room for cake an drinks and finger foods. They follow the couple all over the ship and took great pictures, it was a beautiful day. Teresa

My daughter was married aboard the Sea Princess in Dec 2006. It was a wonderful day and I would recommend it. If you have any questions please ask.

Thanks to you and Tragdona for your replies.

These are some of my questions...

• How far in advance did you have to book?
  • Did she get married in the port or at sea?
  • If at the port, how were the non-sailing guests treated?
  • I am anticipating 12 sailing guests. Do you think that would be enough for a group rate?
  • How long did the ceremony take?
  • After the ceremony, did they serve food or did you have to book a restaurant?
  • After the ceremony was there dancing, or did you incorporate it into the evening regular shipboard dancing places?
  • Did she wear her dress after the ceremony? Like if there was dancing in one of the public rooms?

Ok, that's enough for now, I'm sure I'll have way more questions to ask. Thanks again,

Jane

My husband and I were married aboard the Grand in August 2004. It was wonderful, Princess handled all aspects so well, my father was so impressed he decided to surprise my mom on their 50th with a "wedding" on board - not just the renewal of vow ceremony.

My husband and I accompanied them on that cruise, and I handled all the arrangements with Princess hoping to keep all a secret from my mom until she walked down the aisle, per my dad's wish. Princess was so perfect that even my "radar equipped" mom remained clueless until the doors to the captain's lounge opened (no wedding chapel on the Regal) and she saw the tell tale white pillars, the captain and my husband and me.

I have written of experiences in prior postings, so you could take a look at some of my older postings, or if you wish to e-mail me for more precise info on our experience my real e-mail is wesmarshall2000 at comcast dot net.

Honestly, we thought it was a simple, not fuss way to marry (at sea) - and it turned out to be that and more.

As we were married last year during our Crown Princess cruise.

1. We booked about 1 year before though I am sure you can do it earlier or later than that.

2. We got married on the beach in St. Thomas.

3. We had no non-sailing guests, just the 20 in our group. I do not remember how many rooms you need in order to get group discount, but I know that for every x rooms, Princess credits a cruise fare to the group leaders account.

4. There was cake and champagne on the beach, and we held a reception at the Wheelhouse bar for 2 hours with open bar and food.

5. Check out princess weddings...they took care of all of our details for us and did AMAZING! They exceeded our expectations. They did the ceremony arraingments, the music, the flowers, the reception, food, etc... Princess gives you wedding coordinator(s) on board who really take great care of you as well.

6. We opted for a pianist at the reception as we are not dancers. Kristin wore her dress until early evening when we changed into normal attire.

If you have any questions, we will be happy to assist.

Kristin and Pat

We are getting married April 6th at sea aboard the Grand Princess.

1. We booked about 15 months out, but had to change our original date (4/20/08) because Princess decided to send the Grand to Europe 2 weeks earlier than planned.

2. We're getting married at sea on the 1st at sea day (day after departing Ft. Lauderdale). Hopefully we'll be married in the wedding chapel so that family at home can watch on the webcam.

3. Since we're getting married at sea we won't have any non-sailing guests. Talk to a travel agent about group rates. They can tell you the options for a group of 12.

4. They have told us to expect the ceremony to take no more than about 20 minutes.

5. We plan on having lunch for our guests at Sabitini's and then a reception in Skywalkers with bar, cake, dj, etc.

6. I will wear my dress through the reception, but haven't decided yet if I will wear it to dinner that night (it's formal night---otherwise I probably wouldn't be considering wearing it that night).

There is a weddings & honeymoon board on cruise critic that has been very helpful. There are brides getting married on all the different cruise lines, at sea, in port, etc.

1. Wedding was booked about 13 months in advance.

2. She was married at sea. On that cruise there were many weddings and all were on sea days.

3. There were no non sailing guests and as far as I was aware if you were married on the ship all guests had to be sailing. I don't think youcan get married on embarkation day.

4. Don't know about group rate as there was only 4 of us.

5. Ceremony took about 20 mins but was not rushed.

6. No food served. We had photos and further video coverage after the ceremony. The wedding was at 3.30 so after photos etc we had a drink in one of the lounges. We booked the Steakhouse for a meal and hadthe cake and champagne there with more photos and video. Another wedding party was there as well.

7. They had a mock dance in the Atrium for the video.

8. She wore her dress until later in the evening after our meal.

The wedding was in the library as Sea has no wedding chapel. It was nicely arranged with candles and fresh flowers. Her bouquet was beautiful and they incorporated tartan ribbon at her request. The shipboard coordinator couldn't have been more helpful.

Anything else ask away.

My daughter is getting married on CB on Mar 9 sailing. We chose this specifically so she could get married at sea. Group rates are for 16 or more and double not triple. I know thwt because we have 15 lol

Archived