Has anyone ever done the train/boat/bus excursion in Limon?

dinojude

I'm trying to decide on what excursion my husband and I should take in Costa Rica and saw RCL offers a train/boat/bus excursion. Has anyone out there ever taken this and if so, did you enjoy it?

We are the Brillance of the Seas March 14th Panama Canal cruise.

I'm trying to decide on what excursion my husband and I should take in Costa Rica and saw RCL offers a train/boat/bus excursion. Has anyone out there ever taken this and if so, did you enjoy it?

We are the Brillance of the Seas March 14th Panama Canal cruise.

I would like some more infomation on this as well... I'm Carnival Liberty.....

Hello:) In March 2007 My family and I went on the Carnival Liberty and went on the Train/Boat/Bus Tour while in Costa Rica. (Ages at the time were: 50's/19/14 yrs. old) It was a great tour for the price. First we took a bus from the pier and went on a short tour,then boarded an old train(Wooden inside)and this was interesting ride.Next we headed to the boat(sits kinda low in the water) several boats there to accomany everyone since many people choose this tour.I thought the boat ride was the best part because we saw so much wildlife. We saw a crocodile, sloths,bats on a tree,crabs,lizzards,monkeys,ect..Some were a bit hard to see because they were camoflodged. Then after the boat tour,there is a small shopping store (Most items kinda pricy), restrooms, and complimentary beverages,fruit and a island band playing island music. Then we boarded the bus again and headed to the bannana plantation. It was very interesting to see what goes into producing bannans. Then we went back on the bus and headed back to to the ship.We had a great time! Only bad part was it was incredibly humid when we got there but we did get some nice breezes. This tour included a lot a bus/train/boat ride,comp. beverages,fruit,stop to shop and restroom acess along with a bannana plantaion stop. It was very informative and great for any age. This was a Carnival excursion but most likely very similar to RCCL excursion (still called Train/Boat/and Bus tour). I think I detailed it pretty well.Any more questions just ask.

HAPPY CRUISING!

Lindsey

I would like some more infomation on this as well... I'm Carnival Liberty.....

Carnival Liberty is a great ship,you'll have a great time! We also did the Western Caribbean but we got to go to Costa Maya,Mexico instead of Cozumel. Have a great cruise. Train/Boat/Bus tour was great! Enjoy:)

Lindsey

Islandcruiser87 was right on! The price was great, and the views were better. The boat side was great, you do see alot of animals but thank heavens for the guides, because you probably wouldn't see the animals first. You know, sloths don't move, so until the guides point them out to you and then get as close as possible you wouldn't see them! Then the bats hang on the trees that bend over the river and you go right under them:eek: I think I could have touched them, but why would I?:cool: My husband was so amazed by when we were on the train you go through a poor section of town, safe but poor, and they may have had a curtain for a front door, but they did have computers:confused: I guess they want the internet more then a door:D I bet it was a guy thing!:D

Happy cruising,

Pam

Thanks for the information on this excursion. You mentioned that the boat sits low to the water so what happens if a big person is on the tour -- would that weigh it down more? Is it the same type of boat that is used for the canal tours?

Thanks for the information on this excursion. You mentioned that the boat sits low to the water so what happens if a big person is on the tour -- would that weigh it down more? Is it the same type of boat that is used for the canal tours?

The boat doesn't sit too low in my opinion but lower than on some of my previous excursions. The seats are actually raised a bit like seats on a small fishing boat that create the feeling of being up higher on the boat. When we were on the 2 guides told everyone to stay seated the whole time but of course not everyone listened. They mentioned that everyone would be able to see and take pics because they would turn the boat around so each side could see,but some still got out of their seats. A few times it seemed like the side was gonna tip right into the water. The boat itself is safe and a decent size to naviagte in the water I just thought it was rude for people not to obey the rules.As far as a larger person weighing it down I don't think so like I said it looks very safe and is a decent size and they have many operating the tour so it shouldn't be overly crowded.Don't know what canal tours sorry.

Lindsey

Archived