Would like to hear about the Sapphire Princess

stevebeme

I don't seem to see a lot of mention about the Sapphire Princess. I am planning the Mexican Riviera for Jan 09 and this is the ship that is sailing then. What is your opinion of the ship if you have been on it?

I don't seem to see a lot of mention about the Sapphire Princess. I am planning the Mexican Riviera for Jan 09 and this is the ship that is sailing then. What is your opinion of the ship if you have been on it?

The Sapphire hasn't been doing the itineraries that are taken by the majority of cruisers posting on this board so that is why you don't see much about her. The Diamond Princess is the sister ship to the Sapphire and is mentioned frequently. Reading about her will give you a good idea of what the Sapphire is like.

Here is a link to several reviews of the Sapphire http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=300

She did do the Mexican Riviera in 2006 and there are some reviews about those cruises under member reviews.

We took the Sapphire Princess her first year to Alaska and again last March to Australia/NZ. We're also booked on her for another Alaska trip in July.

I think it's a typical Princess ship and experience, and really quite nice. :)

The Sapphire is my favorite Princess ship . We took her to the Mexican Rivera and loved her so much we again sailed her on an extraordinary cruise to the Oreint.

The crew was absolutley wonderful each time, the food was better than it was on the Carib Princess in Sept ( however they had a new menu and that may have been the over-riding influence there ).

I am sure you will enjoy this ship!!

There are pictures of the Mex and the Asian cruises aboard the Sapphire at the link in my signature.

Suzanne123 and Kathy:

Since you seem to be in the know, could you possibly tell me if the aft cabins on the Aloha Deck can walk out to the Terrace pool? It appears that there is a hallway to get to the cabins but that there is a way to get to the pool directly from the stateroom.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Mary

We just got off the Diamond Princess--a sister ship to the Sapphire. We were in A729 which is an inside aft cabin on the Aloha deck. The door to the aft deck and Terrace Pool was just steps away from our A729 stateroom door. Absolutely awesome stateroom location...we loved it. Had breakfast out on the Aft deck every morning sailing to and from Hawaii. I have pictures that I will be posting soon.

BTW...this was our 1st inside cabin. Having the aft deck so close kind of made up for not having a balcony cabin.:)

Here's a link to my pictures of going from Aloha Deck 12 to the Aft Deck Terrace Pool on the Diamond Princess and some Terrace Pool shots.

Sorry...the link I posted did not work. I'll try again later.

Thanks JWJs and Mike! I am so glad to get info...I wish I'd have found this site a year ago...oh well, live and learn...haven't had a "bad" cruise yet, so I guess I'll now have more "informed" fun...

Mike, loved your on-line scrapbook! That was a great cruise! I have driven the Al-Can up and the Cassier back from AK with my family over the course of a 6 week period and it was the best time of my life! Love AK!

Very truly yours,

Mary

Hi Mary. My link to the photos is still not working but a shot of the door from Aloha to the Aft Deck Terrace Pool is showing up in my signature. It's been a year since I've posted links so I need to get familiar with how/2 do it again.

2977640610063342928ejTMtn_th.jpg

Hi Mary. My link to the photos is still not working but a shot of the door from Aloha to the Aft Deck Terrace Pool is showing up in my signature. It's been a year since I've posted links so I need to get familiar with how/2 do it again.

2977640610063342928ejTMtn_th.jpg

JWJs: I just clicked on your picture (since my eyes are bad I wanted to see if it would enlarge) and I got a whole photo album!:) Thanks for all of the info! I've emailed my TA so I'll see what she can get for me...I don't even know if I care what the itinerary is (so long as it's a warm weather area-perhaps not AK...) just to get that area...I'm always looking for a good time...and it always seems to find me...:D

Thanks again!

Mary

Mary...I'm sooooo impressed that you clicked on the picture and doing so the link opened.:):):) Thanks so much for letting me know. BTW...we saved over $4,000 with the inside vrs a balcony on the aft section of the Aloha deck with the entire Terrace Pool Deck serving as our balcony. The weather was cold the 1st 2 days at sea going to Hawaii and the last 2 days coming back from Hawaii so passengers didn't use their balconies much and saving big bucks with an inside on this cruise sure worked for us. However, I sure prefer a balcony and will always book one for cruises out of Fort Lauderdale in December.

We loved the Sapphire and is our favorite ship to date. We were on Aloha right by the door to the Terrace pool. Great location 5 steps up from the pool is Horizon Court. To top it all off we loved the enclosed center pool, since it was cold going out of California.

We loved the Sapphire and is our favorite ship to date. We were on Aloha right by the door to the Terrace pool. Great location 5 steps up from the pool is Horizon Court. To top it all off we loved the enclosed center pool, since it was cold going out of California.

I hear you on that enclosed pool area! When we sailed the Grand Princess coming out of Galveston last April, they had a real cold snap (I think it snowed in Houston a couple of inches:-( and it was very cold the first day and into the second (which was a sea day). But for the enclosed area, no one (except brave souls - like us from SD) would have been able to deal with it!

Archived