Princess Cays Bungalows

marshacher

Here's a pix of ours...we loved it because we got beverage service (didn't have to walk to get anything) and they brought the buffet to us...tons of food...and we didn't have to stand in line and then they gave us a ride back to tender area on golf cart. Well worth the chips, I thought anyway...

IMG_0731.jpg.5e6d4505549451052ebe36845ab27e8c.jpg

Here's a pix of ours...we loved it because we got beverage service (didn't have to walk to get anything) and they brought the buffet to us...tons of food...and we didn't have to stand in line and then they gave us a ride back to tender area on golf cart. Well worth the chips, I thought anyway...

I've heard that the service of food and drink being brought to you has ended. :eek: When you pay for the bungalow, you get just the bungalow now....no extra services, no priority tenders etc.

I've heard that the service of food and drink being brought to you has ended. :eek: When you pay for the bungalow, you get just the bungalow now....no extra services, no priority tenders etc.

Boooo! That's awful! When did they start that? I just got off the boat on the 1st of December... Geeze, so I guess you get a table, 6 chairs, air conditioning and a shower for $200... Seems a tad expensive without the other "perks". Oh well, the queen and I enjoyed sitting in the A\C with the doors open surveying our situation... Hope you have fun!

You DO get the priority tenders, but we had to ask for them. No more food delivery, however--that's now an extra $96 (for 2, not for 6). You get some extra "special" food, but who cares?

Les

In my opinion, Princess is way over-pricing these Bungalows. As it was for $200, it was steep, but worth it with the food (and plenty of it!) being brought to you, plus the pictures of ice water, etc. Of course, drinks were extra, but that was expected. But to add an extra $99 just to have the food delivered is just getting out of hand. I LOVED the Bungalow, but would not be willing to pay the extra charge they have now tacked on for another one!

My opinion, "Supply and Demand". When something like this is booked solid each and every cruise, they see a way to make more of a profit. So, they up the price for what you used to get for the lower price, and build more of them.

When they first came out with these, and so many booked them and raved about them, I knew they would be more and more popular. When this happens with almost anything, the price goes up.

Look at what happened to some of the speciality restaurants. Sterlings Steakhous used to be $8, and was packed every night. They upped the price as it was in such demand.

Just my two cents.

My opinion, "Supply and Demand". When something like this is booked solid each and every cruise, they see a way to make more of a profit. So, they up the price for what you used to get for the lower price, and build more of them.

When they first came out with these, and so many booked them and raved about them, I knew they would be more and more popular. When this happens with almost anything, the price goes up.

Look at what happened to some of the speciality restaurants. Sterlings Steakhous used to be $8, and was packed every night. They upped the price as it was in such demand.

Just my two cents.

True, but they may end up burning themselves on it. We leave in just over a week for our 10 day cruise and there are still 2 bungalows showing as available on the personalizer. Guess it remains to be seen if they are worth the money for enough people.

I just looked a my cruise doc and its 295 for TWO PEOPLE and an extra 48 pp - so if you have 6 people in your party that is close to 500 for the VIP package.

I also spoke with someone that just got off the CB and they said getting priority tender tickets (for non vip bungalow) is like pulling teeth and its rumored they may stop giving them to those that just get the bungalow.

Cruzkitty, we booked a bungalow in August for 5 of us and it was awesome. I thought it was a bit steep but decided to go with the extravegance. Now that the food is not included I do not think I would pay for it. The bungalow was nice but we were only in there to eat--otherwise we sat on a lounger outside. I would not spring for the extra $100 or so to have food brought. JMHO.

Just my two cents.

On each of our last four cruises we have been able to walk up to Sterlings (twice per cruise) and get a table of two. They may have been packed at one time but in our experience we have not seen it.

How many bungalows are there now? I think more have been added since they were introduced.

Our cruise personalizer shows 8 bungalows available on February 5 (2/4 - 2/14 sailing of the Emerald) for up to 6 people at $199. No food/beverage service mentioned - just a description of the furnishings.

True, but they may end up burning themselves on it. Guess it remains to be seen if they are worth the money for enough people.

Indeed they may be burning themselves. This has been a great source of discussion on our roll call for the Feb. 14th Emerald sailing. All six bungalows have been reserved by folks on the roll call and everyone was excited to try these for the first time. If indeed all of the special services have been stopped, all six reservations will be cancelled once we're on board and we intend to present ourselves en masse at the excursions desk to do so and to complain. No way are we paying that price for nothing! I had originally booked the bungalow so my husband and elderly mother had a comfortable place to sit in a regular chair VS a lounger, but it's not worth that price.

On each of our last four cruises we have been able to walk up to Sterlings (twice per cruise) and get a table of two. They may have been packed at one time but in our experience we have not seen it.

Exactly my point. Sterlings used to be very crowded, then they over doubled the price and now you usually don't even need reservations. Same will probably happen with the bungalows since they have increased the price.

• 2 weeks later...
All six bungalows have been reserved by folks on the roll call and everyone was excited to try these for the first time. If indeed all of the special services have been stopped, all six reservations will be cancelled once we're on board and we intend to present ourselves en masse at the excursions desk to do so and to complain.

Good for you! I sincerely hope it works, but in my experience, they will simply snicker at you and assume that the next group in line behind you will probably pay the extra...

I'm eager to see what happens. I'll be watching your rc closely!

Where are you finding the information about the services being extra? I can't find it. I booked a bungalow for 3/14 but all the information about the food and drinks, I got from cruise critic posts and other forums. It all sounded great so i reserved one. It isn't sounding like such a great deal any more. Especially for just 2 of us.

Hmmmm, I booked a bungalow for my March 2nd cruise.....I looked at my cruise personaliser...the problem is, the description didn't change since I booked a few weeks back....but it never mentionned that service was included...I had based myself on trip reports......may I ask where you are now seeing that Princess changed the inclusions of the bungalow?

From the information sheet given to us on the Coral in December, there were two different packages for the bungalows--you had to inform the tour desk which one you wanted in advance:

RSD-952 Princess Cays Private Bungalow Package $199

(Facility for 6 Adults)

Includes:

Priority Tender Pass from the ship to the shore

Exclusive use of an air-conditioned bungalow with sun loungers

Dedicated and attentive service staff

Reserved beach loungers with beach towels provided

RSD-VIP Princess Cays Exclusive VIP Package $295 per couple--$48 per person extra, children under 12 free

Same as above, plus:

Complimentary Signature Island Collection cocktail (alcoholic/virgin)

Unlimited non-carbonated bottled water

Served gourmet picnic luncheon:

Italian-style antipasti

Lobster and mango salad

Artisan cheese board with tropical fruits and fig bread

Selections from the regular island BBQ

A selection of hand-made pastries

We paid the $199 and got no food. From what others have said on CC, Princess is apparently not consistently applying the "VIP" package extra charges on every ship, which isn't very fair.

Les

Archived