How rough were those seas on the Enchantment last Wednesday?

It was one fun ride. I woke up about 4:30 to the closet doors banging. I didn't latch the bathroom door so it was banging right in time with drawers that were sliding in and out. The hangers in the closet sounded like chimes as they were empty since the luggage had been set out for departure. I was on deck 8 and went out on the balcony. The wind was something else. The waves would go up, get caught in the wind and then turn into spray.

Did you go out and watch? I wanted to go down to deck 5 but was unsure if I would be able to walk. I don't think they were using the stablizers that morning in order to keep the forward speed up due the electrical problem.

I really didn't think a ship that size could move that much...it was a bit fun ;) We tried to get out on deck 5 earlier in the nite but could barely get the door open, the wind was fierce. I got back to the room around 2am and was woken up shortly after that, not a good nite's sleep to say the least and we were midship deck 7 so I can only imagine what the rooms up front were feeling :o

Archived