100+ lbs to lose???

PreciousJewel

Welcome youcan and Jennifer!!!!!!!!!!! IMO you have taken the first step for your journey by coming aboard here!!!!!!!! We are a GREAT bunch of women from all walks of life, ages, the US, and all have 1 goal in mind. Just to get healthy. Youcan congrats on the weight loss already!!!!!!!! Jennifer, I have weight goals in time spans. If I am 290 (313 now) by August 1(August 4 is my cruise) I get to have a massage on the beach in Cozumel:D . Then I have a list with pictures of my other goals. My BIG one is when I reach 180 I get my 1 carat diamond ring!!!!!!!!!

Stacy, glad to here your FIL in feeling more comfortable in the nursing home, I know that takes a lot off of yall's mind. And thanks for the nice words.

PJ, thanks for the kind words.

Sooo good to hear from everyone and glad to have the 2 "newbies". Look forward to hearing from you all soon!!!!!!!!!!

WHY AM I SO HUNGRY TODAY?

So far I've eaten:

7:30 2 scrambled eggs with cheese

4 strips of turkey bacon

10am 2 naval oranges

about 4 strawberries

about a cup of grapes

32oz of water

Can anybody tell me why my stomach is growling? It's not even noon yet!!! UGHHHHHH

Is it almost TOM????

I read the book by Jared the Subway guy and he said he would think about his stomach growling as it changing, as a good thing not a bad thing!!!!!!!!! Maybe just let it growl for a little then feed it!!!!! I am glad to see your food choices have been healthy though!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it almost TOM????

I read the book by Jared the Subway guy and he said he would think about his stomach growling as it changing, as a good thing not a bad thing!!!!!!!!! Maybe just let it growl for a little then feed it!!!!! I am glad to see your food choices have been healthy though!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHH, yeah it is due in a few days. Totally forgot! That must be why. AND why I've had a massive sweet tooth the past few days. I put a hurting on the sugar-free popsicles. My friend was like "you sure do like those things, huh?" I felt bad, I think I was on my 3rd or 4th one when he said that. ROFLMAO!!!!!!

LOL. If they only had to go through it just one month, they would never say anything about our moods, appetites, or anything else!!!!!!!!!! Not even pregnancy just TOM ONCE!!!!!!!!

Don't get to upset and stick to your sugar free stuff and the fruits and veggies!!!!!!!!!!! You are doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am having a hard time staying under you in the weight!!!!!! I better get to getting, LOL!!!!!!!!

LOL. If they only had to go through it just one month, they would never say anything about our moods, appetites, or anything else!!!!!!!!!! Not even pregnancy just TOM ONCE!!!!!!!!

Girl please...most men I know would DIE!!!!!! LMAO! Can you imagine? They'd be calling out sick to work, laying in bed all day waiting on someone to wait on them hand and foot. Pitiful...

Don't get to upset and stick to your sugar free stuff and the fruits and veggies!!!!!!!!!!! You are doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am having a hard time staying under you in the weight!!!!!! I better get to getting, LOL!!!!!!!!

:D As long as we are both consistently going in the same direction, you can beat me all you want, lol. I think I still have about 15lbs on you though, lol.

I am 313 you said you were in the 320's. but my weigh in is tomorrow morning so I hope to be down some more but only time will tell!!!!!!!!

Do any of you have a scale at home?? If so what kind do you have.

I am 313 you said you were in the 320's. but my weigh in is tomorrow morning so I hope to be down some more but only time will tell!!!!!!!!

Do any of you have a scale at home?? If so what kind do you have.

Yeah, I'm at 328. I've lost about 11lbs since I re-re-re-re-started this. LOL :p

Leah, yeah it does take a lot off from us with him being more comfy. I was becoming extremely tired when I was going every day. I just felt like I couldnt function after about a week. Getting back to normal now. Girl, NO NO NO NO NO to the scale at home. I would slit my wrist if I had one at home. I would constantly be on it, and would freak out it I saw a lot of yo-yoing.

PJ - great job on the eating healthy. Can I offer a little advice? Try adding in a little more lean protein and less fruit. It really does work. Snack cheese (made with 2 % milk) is a great protein. Also, you can eat as much lettuce as you want. Lettuce is a great way to fill up. Keep up the good work woman! I have told DH before (about the TOM thing) that he couldnt handle going through it. Here he is a tough former Marine, and can take a lot, but I know that is one thing he couldnt deal with. His response, "You are right, I couldnt. That is why you are a woman and I am a man!" I will say that he is more sympathetic during that time.

Off to fix dinner. Have a great night. Stacy

Well I weighed in this am and I lost 1 lb. Not reall happy with that but it is a loss and I am struggling with my calories to get them right. Like vicki said, my body is in shock. I never ate breakfast and sometimes wouldn't eat until supper and then get probably 3000 calories a day with junk and fast food:( . and now I am eating 1800 calories or less a day and eating every few hours including a big breakfast, lunch, dinner and 3 snacks a day!!!!!!!!

Hope you all have had a good Friday!!!!!!!!

BIG STEP for me today. I DID NOT get on the scale at the gym!!!!:eek: . I know sounds silly to some, but I am obessed with weighing myself and I was at the gym 4 hours today and did not get on it one time!!!!!!!!!! gonna try to stay off till Friday morning.

Started back to water aerobics today. Have been trying to walk on the treadmill for a while and it just hurts my knees and side of my calf to bad so back to the water!!!!!!!

Ok, I'm back!!! Graduation is over. I'm going to go back and read all that I have missed so I can get back into your lives!!! Like it or not, I'm baaaacccckkkk!!!! ANd just to be up front and honest, I have not been following my diet! I have been doing some serious stress eating. But I want to go back and read all about y'all and see what I've missed!! I'll do that then come back. If anyone wants to go check out the pictures from graduation you can either go to www.ursulineneworleans.org or you can join Facebook and friend request me (Vickie Shields in the New Orleans network) and check out my albums. Here is one picture of Jamie in her wedding gown (they all wear wedding gowns for graduation).

See you all in a little bit = Vic

1193466867_Graduation137.jpg.4bf70ecefb8655a00fa4f32857aee7e1.jpg

:( Feel better Stace!

I haven't really been weighing myself like I should but I HAVE been walking, last evening I did over 3 miles! I need to pick up my water intake and lay off the snacks and I should expect to be seeing some good progress soon!

Thanks!! I'm fine. I just had my sugar levels yo-yo on me, and that made me have a little headache, a little sluggish, and very cranky!! It all goes with being diabetic. Had a good day today. We went and picked up FIL and took him to the beach with us. Our pastor and the elders at our church want to meet with us, so we are on our way to church tonight. Hope everyone is doing well. Talk later. Stacy

Where is everyone at???? I only lost 1/2 pound last week but we ate boiled crawfish thursday night adn I think we were retaining fluid. Or at least I hope that was it.

My Vicki and I went on a retreat this weekend for Gays/Lesbians. It was was very interesting. I have never been to a retreat. I enjoyed it tremendously and it made me very at peace with myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I managed to eat pretty good. I did have a "hamburger" on afternoon, I think it was soybean burger!!!!!!! but the rest of the weekend I had salad!!!!!!!

Hope you all are doing well!!!!!!!

Hey, vic/leelee. I have been following this thread although I actually post on a different one. Since no one else has been here to tell you, I will. 1/2 lb loss is great cuz its a loss. Sometimes the weight just comes off very slowly. I have been dieting since mid March and have lost 15 lbs. I was hoping for more, but I will take what I get. You sound very determined and that is going to get you through to where you want to be. Good luck! :)

Rose

Archived