Formal nights on NCL Pride of Aloha

alinicus

Wondering if anyone knows how many "formal" nights there are on the 11-day Hawaii/Fanning Island Cruise. I'm assuming 1, but if there are more, we would like to probably dress appropriately for those, as well. We're leaving on the 12th, so our packing has begun! Thanks!

Wondering if anyone knows how many "formal" nights there are on the 11-day Hawaii/Fanning Island Cruise. I'm assuming 1, but if there are more, we would like to probably dress appropriately for those, as well. We're leaving on the 12th, so our packing has begun! Thanks!

First, all formal nights on all NCL ships are optional in all dining venues. On Hawaiian cruises you will find about 1/3 dressed up (ranging from suits to shirt/tie), 1/3 will be in resort casual (polo shirts, kahkis, sneakers) and the rest will be in Hawaiian attire. Quite a mixture that you don't get on the other NCL ships.

They are now called "dress up or not" nights, but used to be called "Optional Formal."

When we did a 12 day on the POA in 2004, there were two "optional formal" nights.

Our first cruise was on NCL Star, Hawaiian itinerary about seven years ago. The experience was wonderful, no American crew at that time, and got DH and I hooked on cruising.

The first formal night, DH and I were seated next to the Captain's table in one of the main dining rooms. The table was set but the party didn't arrive until about half an hour after DH and I were seated. When the Captain and his party all entered the dining room together, I was surprised to see what they were wearing. All the men had on Hawaiin print shirts and the women were also in casual Hawiian attire. All I could say was, "WOW, this is my kind of cruising."

Archived