Excursions for upcoming PG trip

etmanch

Happy New Year to all CC'ers!!

Just sitting here on a Saturday night with my glass of wine trying to figure out which excursions to book. So far DH and I have decided on the Jet Boat in Bora Bora and the Catamaran Sail and Snorkel in Moorea. Hope so far that these are good choices or has the wine gottten to my head? :rolleyes:

I have heard so much about Mark, Bruno and Damieon but I do not know which islands they offer tours on and how I get in contact with them.

Does anyone know?

Someone also had posted about renting bikes in Bora Bora but not sure where you get them and if you need to reserve ahead of time? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me! :)

Hi there etmanch..........just returned, so can answer some of your questions. We did take the Catamaran Sail and Snorkle excursion from Moorea, but it was not what we were expecting. Very nice catamaran, but the time was spent 2 hrs. sailing, perhaps 30 minutes snorkling. Also, the boat ventured out into open ocean, and despite taking Bonine beforehand, I got queasy. So if you are looking forward to snorkling, I would take another excursion that focuses on snorkling.

We did take a private excursion with Damien. He has a small speedboat. It seats about 7 people, perhaps only 3 or 4 in the shade. He is a delightful guy, very knowledgeable about Bora Bora. We loved our time with him - he took us to some deserted places for wonderful snorkling. His website is www.boraboraphotolagoon.com

We wanted to snorkel every day, and had wonderful weather so we were able to do that. If you have any other questions about the various excursions, I can let you know what we did...........I booked all of our excursions before we left, and changed a couple once on board.

:D

We loved the Rangiroa "acquarium". Its not really an acquarium, you know - you are taken out in a small boat to snorkel in an area that is just chock full of fish..........they feed the fish, and they are just all around. I would recommend all of the excursions that are called "acquariums," as the snorkling, and the coral, are just wonderful.

We did not do any land adventures, or biking.......

glenda

It is very easy to rent bicycles on Bora Bora. Just walk from the pier to the Eurorental Car place directly across the street as one comes out of the pier area. It is fast and easy to do. There are other bike rental places but this one is the nearest to the pier. If you plan to tour around the entire island be sure to rent them for 4 hours. It took us a little over 3 hours to ride around with stops.

Also, we also took the catamaran snorkle trip as well. I love to sail so the sailing time was perfect for me. I thought that they should have brought us closer to the reef where the fish were.

South Sea Sue and Cruise Dreamer1 thanks so much for the information.

I will be sure to check out Damian's website. I'm not a huge snorkle fan but I think that might change once I arrive in FP. I just have to get over my fear of "ocean creatures". Perhaps I can just keep my eyes closed. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Windsurfer, We did the land sea while at Bora Bora, let see that was 2003. they took us on an abreviate 4 wheel drive up into the mountain to the naval guns and then down to the Bora Bora IC I think where we got on a covered boat and went to the coral garden off the Sofitel Motu for snorkeling. That is a great snorkel spot since it is fairly shallow with alot of life. the guide goes down and gets a big moray out and sort of plays with him. That is a good excursion.

Jet Boat, Bora Bora-- DO IT!!!! By far the best tour in Bora Bora.

Trail Of the Ancient Treks-- Great tour in Moorea by Mark Eddowes.

Aquablue Underwater Walk -- Either in Bora Bora or Moorea.

Dolphin Watching Expedition-- Moorea Brilliant!

Exploration of Taha'a-- Best tour in Taha'a

Archived