Has anyone taken a Scrapbook Cruise?

ovwkmom3

• 1 month later...

There are lots of scrapbook cruises out there. I've been on one and did a lot of research ahead of time just because there are so many.

It depends on what you want. Some are just run by local shops and have the shops instructors running classes. Others have big name instructors which is usually the big draw but of course the prices are higher as they have to cover all the costs of the instructors (the celebrities I've heard get a free cabin, airfare, hotels and class fees).

Also watch out for the overpriced cruises. There are a few that charge way too much for classes. One company charges $600 or more above the cruise rate and only lowers it $100 for companions not taking classes (have read about him on scrapbook forums).

As far as activities, usually you get a few classes and may have a cocktail party or something. Some have other events and get togethers with the group. The one I was on had a few scrap related games and a game for the spouses which was fun for them. You really don't need too many added activities as you need time to enjoy all the ship activities also.

I loved it, I could spend a couple of hours doing my thing and hubby could do the things he wanted, then we'd enjoy the evenings together and the ports.

Archived