Mexican Riviera from San Diego Weather

Johnsonclan

My darling bride and I will be sailing from San Diego on the Dawn in two weeks. I'd love to hear from those who have sailed from San Diego on Mexican Riviera itineraries in the past couple of weeks. How was the weather in each port? How was it in general while at sea? Will we need to dress fairly warmly or in layers? We are so excited to have this time alone and want everything to be just right!!!

It was pouring rain and cold today in San Diego. It could be again in two weeks, or we could have a Santa Ana and it could be mild, but it is best to plan on the first and last day at sea being cool and windy, and perhaps even some rain. Slacks, sweaters and wind breakers will be more likely appropriate dress than bathing suits or shorts. Once you get to the tip of Baja (where Cabo is) it will be significantly warmer, and you can take out those shorts, sandals and swim suits.

My darling bride and I will be sailing from San Diego on the Dawn in two weeks. I'd love to hear from those who have sailed from San Diego on Mexican Riviera itineraries in the past couple of weeks. How was the weather in each port? How was it in general while at sea? Will we need to dress fairly warmly or in layers? We are so excited to have this time alone and want everything to be just right!!!

Just returned from the Princess Dawn 12/30/07.

The weather for us was cool, but we are from Phoenix. This is quoted from the "Log of the Cruise"

San Diego High 60.8 degrees

At Sea.....High 64.4 degrees

Cabo.......High 73.4 degrees

Mazatlan..High 62.6 degrees

Puerto V..High 62.6 degrees

At Sea....High 66.2 degrees

At Sea....High 60.8 degrees

Pool water was 86.0 degrees

Spa water was 104.0 degrees

Log of the Cruise (Click to Enlarge)

<a href=http://inlinethumb11.webshots.com/37642/2757052470079335670S425x425Q85.jpg' alt='2757052470079335670S425x425Q85.jpg'>

Just returned from the Princess Dawn 12/30/07.

The weather for us was cool, but we are from Phoenix. This is quoted from the "Log of the Cruise"

San Diego High 60.8 degrees

At Sea.....High 64.4 degrees

Cabo.......High 73.4 degrees

Mazatlan..High 62.6 degrees

Puerto V..High 62.6 degrees

At Sea....High 66.2 degrees

At Sea....High 60.8 degrees

Pool water was 86.0 degrees

Spa water was 104.0 degrees

Log of the Cruise (Click to Enlarge)

<a href=http://inlinethumb11.webshots.com/37642/2757052470079335670S425x425Q85.jpg' alt='2757052470079335670S425x425Q85.jpg'>

Thanks a bunch RSWBADGER!!!

Okay, I know another Dawn cruise returned yesterday so come on folks, spill. How was everything, primarily the weather, but we are so jazzed. We want to hear everything...

what happened with this stormy weekend with lots of rain and rough seas and wind can happen anytime at this time of the year. This is our rainy season in San Diego, and sometimes the return to SD up the coast of Baja California can be a bumpy ride because the ship is bucking the Japanese(Alaska) current which runs north to south along our coast. Oosterdam was late arriving this Saturday because of rough seas and even had a tug stand by in the harbor. So you pays yer cash and you takes yer chances!:)

• 3 weeks later...
What about end of March -- typical weather for San Diego and then on down to Baja/Mex Riviera? Appreciate any insights!

warm and clear is the standard in March. However, it's been known to drop into the 50's and rain on occasion. Up until this weekend's storms it's been in the high 60's here in San Diego during the day, and in the 50's at night

It's probably in the low 60s today. Lot's of cloud activity. I hear it is supposed to rain Saturday night/Sunday morning. But then next week we are supposed to have "unseasonably high" temperatures (whatever that is supposed to mean!). We've had a lot of rain for us this year so we are kind of unsure what to expect next week, much less into March! :D

I'm hoping it will be nice because we leave at the beginning of March and I would dearly love to have nice calm seas and beautiful, picturesque sunrises and sunsets! Okay, so I want everything perfect! Is that too much to ask?! :eek: ;) :rolleyes:

Just returned yesterday on the Pride......it will be cold until you reach Cobo and it will be cold from Cobo back to SD, we returned to Long Beach.....the decks are empty till you reach Cobo and then the whole cruise takes on a different look.....people everywhere, outside, day and night.....dress warm for those days and nights till Cobo.....you will be able to walk the decks at night all by yourself till Cobo.....the winds will keep you off your balcony and the outside decks unless you are wearing a hooded sweatshirt......

Archived